Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all Just thought I'd check in here as an "Avenger" owner (for 20 years this year)

Short Story as some of you might be aware Rootes Group produced the Hillman Avenger from 1970-1982?

Under Various Guises Names and Badges such as Chrysler and even VW (when the tooling was sold to Argentina?)

And obviously you guys might be more aware of the Plymouth Cricket

Making the Hillman Avenger 'the' most Badge engineered Car in History (at least 9 names we've found)

which makes it 'fun' when Searching for or using the #tags "Avenger" on IG which lead me to this forum (no thanks to Marvel Comics etc)

anyway here's my Current Daily Driver car

a 1600cc (or just shy of 100 ci?) Twin Carb mostly Stock NZ Assembled 1976 Hillman Avenger Alpine GLS 4 Speed Automatic

Instagram is here : https://www.instagram.com/akiwijoker/

where you'll find images of stuff I make & my Parts cars and even my other 'fun car'

surprise surprise, another Avenger which is good at Multi-tasking on Gravel

or at the Race-track

I got the White one after I did this to my first Avenger Paddock Racing it

I owned this since I was 17

Any who "we" have a dedicated forum to the Classic Avenger's here : www.Avenger.co.nz

Which I have linked back to this forum

and I keep a Build diary on NZ's largest 'oldschool' Classic car forum here : http://oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/28526-jokers-hillman-avengers/&page=4

One day I do hope to import or But a 2008 AWD RT Avenger (unless advised not too) and keep up the name have earned as "The Avenger Man"

Something like this might make a good Tow car or I am partial to a Dodge Magnum (bit of a 'Wagon' Man)

I also have a youtubes with some Avenger stuff when I'm cometing (not much) but here is the latest Classic Rally car video I have uploaded that does have at least one Hillman Avenger competing in it

Cheers Jared

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Welcome Jared! Very cool car and great to have a member from New Zealand. I'm definitely familiar with the Cricket. I had the Dodge/Mitsubishi version back in the day. It was a 1975 Dodge Colt GT 2.0 5spd. It was a great car and super fun to drive.

Reactions: aKiwiJoker

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can someone point or give me a run down on 'The' Avenger to get? Tis the plan in the next 2-5 years to own one

only have Wiki & our version of Ebay as reference for research here & the AWD RT 2008 version seems like the top of the line available, though I am aware of the difficulties of owning / maintaining an oddball car (parts not so easy to come by or people who know how to work on them)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/dodge/auction-1294992304.htm

·
Premium Member
6,682 Posts
Seeing how you have one of the FIRST named Avengers....If you can afford to and can swing it, Get the LAST year model, preferably the 2014 with 3.6 motor!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts