Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to start my car this morning and it makes a clicking noise the lights turn on Powers good but won’t crank and won’t start the only message on the car is checked is check TPM system. Can anyone help me I’m 8 1/2 hours away from home and this happened

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
Did you try a boost? If the battery is good check all connections at the battery and at the jump posts under the hood for good clean connection.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything is tight. I replaced the battery in my key fob and pulled fuse 11 and did this reset thing, but it did not work. I can’t find the reset button to reset the TPMS. And that is the only message her system warning I’m getting is to check TPM system

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you try a boost? If the battery is good check all connections at the battery and at the jump posts under the hood for good clean connection.
Everything is tight. I replaced the battery in my key fob and pulled fuse 11 and did this reset thing, but it did not work. I can’t find the reset button to reset the TPMS. And that is the only message her system warning I’m getting is to check TPM system

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
You need to clean all battery connections on the battery cables to the jumping posts. Mopar decided to have multiple connection points instead of 1 solid battery cable to the jumping posts. It is a pain in the butt but needs to be done. Clean to bare metal and apply dielectric grease to all connections when re-assembling. This is a most common problem and people always say the battery is good. Load test the battery when you have it out while cleaning the connections. Between the + and - ,If I remember correctly there is at least 5 connection points getting to the jumping posts. The battery voltage may be fine but it is the current thru these connections that is very important.

·
Registered
Dodge Avenger SE 2.4L
36 Posts
To reset tipm unbolt both terminals and leave them off for about 15 minutes. Sometimes even though terminals are tight they can be corroded to the point that your car won't start. When my tipm started giving me issues I had to reset it to get myself out of limp mode.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Crystal Blue Pearlcoat
20 Posts
I am so surprised nobody asked you if it was a single click or continuous rapid clicking when you turn your key in the Ignition. If it is continuous yes quite possibly battery issue. But if your lights work, there is power to the vehicle and it is a single click it most likely is your starter. I can't even count the number of times I had to change my own starter on my older junky cars. Not my Avenger though lol. But I am almost positive it's your starter or your Ignition not the battery. Let me know. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Crystal Blue Pearlcoat
20 Posts
I went to start my car this morning and it makes a clicking noise the lights turn on Powers good but won’t crank and won’t start the only message on the car is checked is check TPM system. Can anyone help me I’m 8 1/2 hours away from home and this happened
I am so surprised nobody asked you if it was a single click or continuous rapid clicking when you turn your key in the Ignition. If it is continuous yes quite possibly battery issue. But if your lights work, there is power to the vehicle and it is a single click it most likely is your starter. I can't even count the number of times I had to change my own starter on my older junky cars. Not my Avenger though lol. But I am almost positive it's your starter or your Ignition not the battery. Let me know. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had this same issue with mine. Come to find out it was the jump posts on the drivers side strut tower. Took them apart and hit them with a little sandpaper and some die electric grease and put it back together. Car started right up no problem. I was getting a couple clicks but no crank.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts