Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Dodge Avenger 3.5L
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again , it’s been about 10 months now that my avenger is sitting not being able to start. I’ve replaced :
  1. Battery
  2. Starter
  3. Ignition switch and electrical connector
  4. Powertrain control module
  5. Anti theft module and key
  6. Key lock cylinder
  7. Map sensor
  8. Cam sensor
negative battery cable
It still won’t start it used to crank but now nothing happens when I try to start it the radio goes out but there is no sound until I turn the key off then on

also I did get the new key programmed to the car but still no luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi. Thats quite the list of parts swapped out. On your previous post you mentioned: "the wire harness connector for the Ecm is broken so they’re thinking that could be the problem but idk " Has this been resolved? Does the battery have juice and have you checked your fuse-able link between your positive battery post and your starter? Have you verified you have a good ground connection to your battery? When you turn your key to crank does your starter receive battery voltage? I look forward to your reply.

·
Registered
2008 Dodge Avenger 3.5L
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. Thats quite the list of parts swapped out. On your previous post you mentioned: "the wire harness connector for the Ecm is broken so they’re thinking that could be the problem but idk " Has this been resolved? Does the battery have juice and have you checked your fuse-able link between your positive battery post and your starter? Have you verified you have a good ground connection to your battery? When you turn your key to crank does your starter receive battery voltage? I look forward to your reply.
Yeah I have lifetime warranty on the battery and starter and I’ve had to replace the battery countless times

when I turn the key it used to crank but now it doesn’t make any noise and the it turns the lights off and when I let get the lights come back on

and I haven’t checked the fusible link or the ground connection how would I do that?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts