Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my avenger sat for a few months while I saved up enough money to fix and install and new power window. Car did not start after sitting. No lights. No click. I look at cable terminals and one was pretty rusted. I replace cable and nothing. I decided to see if battery was good and it was completely dead. After getting a new battery, car started. I moved car to back yard to wash it. Then, no start. My mind was boggled at this point. Car sat for another month. Just to check, I took the month old battery to be tested. It was DEAD (still in warranty thankfully). So, how can my battery be dead if I haven't been able to get to run?

Did research, and my fuel relay fuse must be out. This must be stuck "on" so fuel pump was running and batteries died?

Replace TIPM and she started. Put, tire back on, lowered car to move it to front of house.... dead again.

I am going to replace the battery cable next. Hopefully this works.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
Since the car was sitting for so long it could be many things. First thing to check all electrical connections especially grounds under the hood for tightness and clean contact. Sounds like there's a short or a light on somewhere that is draining your battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since the car was sitting for so long it could be many things. First thing to check all electrical connections especially grounds under the hood for tightness and clean contact. Sounds like there's a short or a light on somewhere that is draining your battery.

thanks. Will try this next

1 - 3 of 3 Posts