Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a cheap one that requires an external app to translate the codes. Their recommendation isTourge another user recommended Piston.
I also looked at the FIXD obdII that I has a built-in app to read the codes and interpret them but it's full of ads and is constantly pushing their upgrades.Any Forum members have any recommendations on apps for the interface?
TIA
Elton

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
I think it would be best to spend a little more on a scanner. Here's some recommendations:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it would be best to spend a little more on a scanner. Here's some recommendations:

Thanks for the Info. I'm just interested in it for as a curiosity to see what's going on with my engine...I'm long past DIY and was set on a plug in rather than a hand held.
I got a unit called FIXD.. made right here in Georgia and it doesn't require a separate app to read the codes.
Lists at $59 I got it for $20( although I hear it's loaded with ads trying to get you to upgrade to the pro version)

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Sounds good. The Innova CarScan Pro 5210 sounds really good at $99.00.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Just my TWO CENTS ... I would not worry much about how things hook up and format. I'd be looking for one that can at least also read ABS and SRS codes. MANY of the cheap readers only do the standard GENERIC OBDII codes and not make specific higher level codes.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just my TWO CENTS ... I would not worry much about how things hook up and format. I'd be looking for one that can at least also read ABS and SRS codes. MANY of the cheap readers only do the standard GENERIC OBDII codes and not make specific higher level codes.
Thanks.I think the FIXD unit does bring up the higher level codes but I don't have the specs at hand. I do recall that was one of the selling points.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep..the avenger is the 4th Mopar I've had...learned the key dance way back ...also learned about the subcodes or whatever you call them when a well-meaning mechanic friend attempted to fix the transmission in my 300M based on the obd code pulled up in the key dance

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I actually have a semi relevant question

Anyone find one that can purge the air out of the ABS system?

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
This one claims it will do it Schurick:

FOXWELL ABS Scanner NT630 Plus ABS Bleed Scan Tool Check Engine Code Reader OBD2 Scanner Airbag SAS SRS Diagnostic Tool 【2021 Upgraded Version English/Spanish】

ABS BLEED SCAN TOOL: NT630Plus will perform abs auto bleeding for 60+ car makes. A must automotive diagnostic scanner to help bleed the brake, cycle the pump and valves during the bleeding process. Retrieve a firm brake pedal! Also shows you ABS live data, such as the speed of each wheel, ESP sensors data, Brake assist data and CAN signals data.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
innova makes one too, problem is it won't do it on our cars. In their compatibility checker abs purge is listed as unavailable on the venge

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Good point, have to check with Foxwell.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Yep I got one too nice little scanner n cheap I does alot more than my from snapon
Re:NT630Plus
Have you ever tried the ABS bleeding function for our cars? I can't find a specific list of compatible vehicles and which functions work on them. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Yes I've done it on mine 2008 2.7
Ok, great, thank you. Is there a list of compatible vehicles that comes with the unit? Just wondering if it's compatible with 2011-14 Avengers. I suspect if it worked on your 2008 then it should work on later models.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts