Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang post you brake Mods here all are welcome paint powder coating new parts ect ..

I will list my cross drilled and slotted rotors for mine . Have fun!!:smileup:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Did you notice any difference in your braking when you upgraded your rotors? I will likely need to replace my pads soon and I am noticing more and more fade as time goes on. I want to upgrade to improve the braking, but I haven't seen many options.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i did stopped better and these dont warp like the oem ones I had . Pm me if you need more info

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please pm me for the info. :smileup:

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:smiley_aagv::smiley_aagv::smiley_aagv:

I have seen aoly of pics with painted calipers lets get them up !!!! :smileup:

·
Registered
350 Posts
I put the cross drilled and slotted rotors up front on mine. I need to put them on the rear as well, I saw a huge difference in the stopping. My only problem is where I don't have them in the rear I notice the front stops better than the rear.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I noticed a diff when I did mine also . I did do all four at once and I had warped the front factorys ones twice. Dealer replaced them both time I just got tired of dealing with them so I went for the cross drilled and slotted(much better ) than stock !!

·
Registered
350 Posts
I still have my old set of factory rotors, if anyone needs them. They only have about 2000 miles on them. That is the first thing I do to a car when I get it, I make it stop better, then handle better, then I go for power.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Ok, got some EBC front brakes on the way and soon to be rear drilled and slotted rotors with EBC pads. I'll post pics as I get the stuff put on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
rotors where????? lol

I still have my old set of factory rotors, if anyone needs them. They only have about 2000 miles on them. That is the first thing I do to a car when I get it, I make it stop better, then handle better, then I go for power.
i need them if you still have them. tried to pm you but my post count isnt high enough...oh well

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey !

I've been doing alittle research on rotors

I was hoping to reduce the unsprung weight or Some Rotational weight off the wheels

Here is what I have found

The first rotor is an RB racing 2 piece rotor

The second is
My Brembo sport/Cross drilled

I would also like to add

DBA Disc Brake Of Australia @ 22lbs for there 2 piece DBA 5000 series (Source DBA Inc.)

Stop Tech 2 piece 1/2pound heavier than stock rotors (Source Erik @ stoptech)

If you have any photos of Rotors including stock, 2 piece, or custom set-up

Report the weight and take a photo while on the scale if possible

Thanks !

Bon

·
Registered
742 Posts
i didnt have a "problem" per say, only that the brakes SUCK in general.. EBC"s are MUCH better. the car will actually stop from high speed now...

·
Registered
385 Posts
What are you doing with the original set?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I havent had any issues with my '13 avengers rotors as of yet but ill look into the cross drilled when its time.
I would go with the slotted and dimpled (rather than cross-drilled) as they will be stronger and perform just as well...

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
i didnt have a "problem" per say, only that the brakes SUCK in general.. EBC"s are MUCH better. the car will actually stop from high speed now...
You are not alone in making this statement. I, however, fail to see how the stock brakes suck. Mine perform very well. They aren't ideal for racing or anything like that, but I have never been afraid that they weren't up to the task of stopping my vehicle quickly and safely...

·
Registered
742 Posts
You are not alone in making this statement. I, however, fail to see how the stock brakes suck. Mine perform very well. They aren't ideal for racing or anything like that, but I have never been afraid that they weren't up to the task of stopping my vehicle quickly and safely...
Under normal driving they were fine. Only at high speeds they sucked. And well, I do a lot of playing around. Lol. On the track they hummed and had brake fade bad trying to slow from almost 100mph.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Ya for normal conditions they are fine but anything 75 mph + they are absolutely terrible

1 - 20 of 46 Posts