OEM panel switch lights out

Discussion in 'Custom Interior and Exterior Lighting' started by Explo, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Explo

Explo New Member

Media:
    Time comes and my lights are out on the panel switches in central console below heating/vent knobs. all switches lights are out except warning flasher (i uploaded photo). Switches functionally working fine, also if seats heating switch pressed, orange warning lights working. Just...missing 'green' lightning.
    is it possible to change these lights ? what can we do there, how can i remove this panel and change? thnx.
    08' 2.7L aveng.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  2. 5rebel9

5rebel9 Active Member Site Supporter Level 1 Military

Media:
    Albums:
    When "Time comes", Don't use the vehicle, and you'll never notice it!...LOL:)
    More to point of post...Have you had any dash work done recently? it may be something as simple as a loose plug connection or individual wires inside it have "relaxed". Take off the console trim and they should either have fastening screws or pop off spring clips to hold the panel to the dash. But the light bulbs in question I do not think are replaceable.
    Another thought may be dirty contact in the activating buttons for those not operating.

3. Explo

Explo New Member

Media:
    lights went off one by one time by time, and today i tried to figure out how to see these bulbs and by touching knobs/console last light also went off, now all complete gone. you are right, maybe have to take off this console and check connectors. Just need to figure out how to take off, ..where is it attached

4. Explo

Explo New Member

Media:
    ok, so far done, connector fine, working. removed completely off the switch panel and seems that all bulbs are black and gone. what do you suggest? should buy new panel or to try new bulb soldering ?

Attached Files:

5. brannigan03

brannigan03 Member

Media:
    I opted for a new panel but if you feel confident enough in your soldering abilities go for it.

6. Explo

Explo New Member

Media:
    ..well done with soldering! ;) its working.

Attached Files:

5rebel9 likes this.
  7. Intrepid

Intrepid Active Member MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Nice job, congratulations.

8. Sventastic

Sventastic New Member

Hey, where did you get the bulbs from or can you tell me the type?