Discussion Starter #1
engine oil, filter, adapter/cooler 3.6L

p/n 05184294AE

$112.00

·
Registered
841 Posts
not sure if all the 3.6L engines come with the oil cooler but mine did

on my Murano the cooler is just a small ring like device that sits between the filter and block, it had like vents or slots on it that let air circulate around to help cool the oil a bit

i'll have to look at mine to see if it is the same type of thing?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think only the 12s came with it. cause i dont have it. I wonder how much this impacts temp

·
Registered
607 Posts
IMO if they added it it is because dodge felt that it was getting too hot or they have gotten several issued because it was running too hot...if I dont have it then Im def getting it. Even if it only makes a lil diff it is worth it a cooler running engine is a longer lasting engine.

·
Registered
841 Posts
looks like the oil cooler is built into the block? from what i can tell on allpar.com there are some oil runners that get cooled next to the antifreeze runners (if im using the right term) in the V

see if im reading that right, just search for oil cooler on the page, it shows up twice

http://www.allpar.com/mopar/phoenix-engines.html

·
Registered
759 Posts
They all have it from what I see. It comes off the oil filter housing and sits on top of the block in between the cylinders and below the intake manifold. If you got a good light you can shine it in between the oil filter housing and intake manifold and see the corner of it. Its aluminum and should be somewhat shiny.

From Chrysler...

The oil cooler is attached to the top of the oil filter housing which is located in the V of the cylinder block. The oil cooler is a plate style coolant-to-oil heat exchanger.

Oil flows from the engine oil pump to the oil filter housing inlet (1) and to the oil filter element located within the oil filter housing. After the oil is filtered it travels internally through the engine oil cooler and then to the main oil gallery (5).
Coolant flows from the right cylinder block water jacket (3) and from the left cylinder block water jacket (4) into the housing. The coolant flows through the oil cooler and exits the housing from the rear hose nipple (6) where it is returned to the water pump. A coolant by-pass in the housing is designed to direct excessive coolant flow around the oil cooler for continuous circulation.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool thanks for the info I wasnt sure is it was additional or not. It popped up on my MOPAR page.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Very old thread. Should have started a new one with your issues. And yes a cracked cooler would need to be replaced and engine oil changed and cooling fluid checked for oil penetration.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Very old thread. Should have started a new one with your issues. And yes a cracked cooler would need to be replaced and engine oil changed and cooling fluid checked for oil penetration.
Yeah should've but it was a late night when looking up flushed the oil out and coolant system shes running great again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts