Oil Filter | Dodge Avenger Forum

Oil Filter

Discussion in 'Detailing and General Maintenance Forum' started by Blake13, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Blake13

Blake13 New Member

I usally use to use Quaker State oil filters because my uncle was a CEO of an affiliat company, costed around $7. But I started a job last month at a heavy truck shop and across the road is a Napa. With our company discount I pay under $4 for there proselect filter. Just wondering if there filters are any good. When I was in the city for school I worked at an automotive shop and thats all they stocked becasue they were the cheapest option for them.

2. Intrepid

Intrepid Active Member MOTM Winner!

Media:
    I've used Mopar, Fram, Purolator, Napa, and Quaker State filters. I haven't noticed any real difference since I change my oil regularly. They all have to meet certain standards and I'm sure they all work well. They're names are riding on it.

3. jkelly16

jkelly16 Hey y'all, watch this! Administrator Moderator

I use Wix XP filters on my rides.

4. 5rebel9

5rebel9 Active Member Site Supporter Level 1 Military

Media:
    Albums:
    I agree with members Intrepid and jkelly16. I have used all of those brands myself on MANY different makes of cars with NO issues. Currently been running with Fram filters. I have seen some REAL generics and "box store" brand filters out there, and would recommend staying away from those.