Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello ,
My car is a Dodge Avenger 2008 2.7 V6.

After two weeks of changing the oil and filter, the check lamp just came up for the hole ride back home. I didn’t turn it on for like three days and then I wanted to work on it to clean the oil pan and the Oil pickup.
Then when I started I found that the sensor had a leak after changing the sensor and roping of the oil (extra then the normal) the oil pressure light went off. Then it keeps coming on and off when in idle when reving and it’s getting annoying as I don’t know what the problem is.
Does anyone have any idea keeping in mind ( car is above 70,000 mile new Oil sensor and new Oil and filter)

Thank you so much in advance !!

·
Premium Member
6,728 Posts
Did you remove the oil pick up to clean it? Possible that it did not reseat correctly and sucking air. Only true test to determine would be to have the oil pressure tested and checked against published operating specifications with a calibrated test gauge and adapter. Proper readings would lead to defective sender or wiring. Low readings would lead towards a mechanical oil system problem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you remove the oil pick up to clean it? Possible that it did not reseat correctly and sucking air. Only true test to determine would be to have the oil pressure tested and checked against published operating specifications with a calibrated test gauge and adapter. Proper readings would lead to defective sender or wiring. Low readings would lead towards a mechanical oil system problem.
Thanks for your reply,No i still didnt remove the oil pan. after searching the internet that was what i was trying to do but we dont have such a device where i live "Libya" and also not all mechanics are willing to work on the car as they dont know much about it as their is only 3 in my city. so what i did to the car i do it my self in my friends back yard. is their any way else i can check the pressure. as i found to use an engine flush but they said it might lead into leaks. my next step is to remove the oil pan and clean it and clean the pickup line but then we dont have the oil pan gasket to replace once i do that , they suggested heat resistant silicone but thats why i here seeking advice.

·
Premium Member
6,728 Posts
Sorry, but the only way to know what actual oil pressure is to determine a bad sensor or mechanical failure(low oil pressure) is to have a calibrated pressure gage patched between the sensor and where is mounts on the motor, and then compare with operating specifications found in Dodge service manuals.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, but the only way to know what actual oil pressure is to determine a bad sensor or mechanical failure(low oil pressure) is to have a calibrated pressure gage patched between the sensor and where is mounts on the motor, and then compare with operating specifications found in Dodge service manuals.
Thanks , as i changed the sensor the only thing i can do is to is to open and check the oil pan and pick up, and then see the oil pan. well ill need to go back to my friends back yard, before that will and engine flush do the trick , or will it just lead to more problems ?? thanks

·
Premium Member
6,728 Posts
You will have a LOT of work to do to drop the oil pan out, there are some good video's on you tube of the process. And you need to get an actual gasket for this oil pan job, and some RTV(black) silicon sealant. The exhaust has to come apart for room to take the oil pan out, and the small torque converter inspection cover also.Can not emphasize enough the need of a new for a new pan gasket!
IF you are not getting any strange noises from the motor, you could try an engine oil flush product like "Seafoam", I have used that in a few motors with good results, but not specifically for a flashing oil press. light problem.
Good luck with how you proceed with this and do keep us informed!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You will have a LOT of work to do to drop the oil pan out, there are some good video's on you tube of the process. And you need to get an actual gasket for this oil pan job, and some RTV(black) silicon sealant. The exhaust has to come apart for room to take the oil pan out, and the small torque converter inspection cover also.Can not emphasize enough the need of a new for a new pan gasket!
IF you are not getting any strange noises from the motor, you could try an engine oil flush product like "Seafoam", I have used that in a few motors with good results, but not specifically for a flashing oil press. light problem.
Good luck with how you proceed with this and do keep us informed!
Thank you so much for your advice and as you said i will not work on it before i get the gasket, as we have the RTV(black) silicone sealant, i have checked online and i have all the information i need to remove it and clean it out.
i am not getting anything new or any crackling just the normal engine i guess like the valve ticking and all, i will try to flush the engine using the products we have here as i wont find that product by name. i will for sure let you all know what will come about after i do it, and again thank you so much for your help , have a wonderful day!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts