Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 dodge avenger and the oil light keeps coming on and beeping. I have a good amount of oil in and have just just done an oil change. How do I stop this it is super annoying

·
Premium Member
6,569 Posts
From your previous profile postings, are you sure of the motor size being a 2.7l V6? How many miles on the car, and when does the light "act up"?
After prolonged driving,on tight turns, up or down steep grades? Any info of what is happening and when is most helpful for good responses.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Is that the change oil indicator that's coming on and beeping every time you start the engine? If yes, this is how you reset it:
  1. Turn the ignition key to position “ON” without starting the engine.
  2. fully depress accelerator pedal slowly three times within 10 seconds.
  3. Turn the ignition Off.

Reactions: 5rebel9

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The oil change light was on. But he since done an oil change and reset the light. But the oil pressure light comes on a lot. Mostly when I'm travelling at slow speeds. On the highway the light and beep doesn't happen?

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Ok. I would take it back to the shop where you had it done since it happened just after the service. Could be an oil pressure sensor or some other underlying problem.

·
Premium Member
6,569 Posts
Sorry for the late response, But member Intrepid seems to have given you the best advice, and I agree totally with his suggestion!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The oil pressure light came on a month after me driving with the change oil light also coming on.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Not sure what a "good amount" of oil is, but I'm assuming it is within the "safe" zone of the oil dip stick. If it is under the top of the "safe" zone I would add immediately.

Oil pressure light is not something to ignore and keep driving with. Get it looked at immediately. You could be causing long term damage to your engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts