Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
I saw a few wheels and tires on tirerack, I think when I purchase aftermarket tires I'm going to to stick with 18's or get 19, DC is not a fun place to drive on low profile tires...

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I saw a few wheels and tires on tirerack, I think when I purchase aftermarket tires I'm going to to stick with 18's or get 19, DC is not a fun place to drive on low profile tires...

I dunno...I think I'd trade DC for detroit...lol

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
As much as I like summer and good roads, I think having lived my whole life in michigan I would miss the snow. I wouldn't miss the potholes though...or the stupid suv drivers that think 4wd means you can go 90 mph on ice and stop on a dime...that I would not miss AT ALL!

·
Registered
240 Posts
As much as I like summer and good roads, I think having lived my whole life in michigan I would miss the snow. I wouldn't miss the potholes though...or the stupid suv drivers that think 4wd means you can go 90 mph on ice and stop on a dime...that I would not miss AT ALL!
The worse place to drive while there's not even an inch of snow on the ground is North Carolina. They drive 5mph just cause it's flurrying. And yes, DC/MD & VA drivers with SUV's think that just cause they have an SUV that their truck and tires are going to magically plow through ice and do all the work for them when they get in the car. PEOPLE... Just because you have an SUV does not mean that you're going to magically know how to drive in the snow. You still will need to know how to drive and maneuver.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
The worse place to drive while there's not even an inch of snow on the ground is North Carolina. They drive 5mph just cause it's flurrying. And yes, DC/MD & VA drivers with SUV's think that just cause they have an SUV that their truck and tires are going to magically plow through ice and do all the work for them when they get in the car. PEOPLE... Just because you have an SUV does not mean that you're going to magically know how to drive in the snow. You still will need to know how to drive and maneuver.
Around here they know 4wd = go faster in snow. But they don't know or realize that 4wd does NOT = slows down faster in snow. Every year same thing...accidents all over. Its so bad that I am ultra paranoid...constantly watching the people behind me to make sure they slow down or I can get over onto the shoulder. I only drive in the outside lines so I have an out. I guess I learned that from the bike too, but works just as well with cars..

·
Registered
412 Posts
worst place to drive

Well I am what around here they call a damn yankee. I was raised in Chicago and ended up in Virginia. People around here are crazy drivers. The best picture I can paint for you is when driving home one dayI saw a vehicle that some how ended up in the center median culvert resting on either side by thge bumpers \_/ Imagine nothing but the bumpers where touching. And the driver was sitting in the driverseat still talking on their cell phone.
:5700293539:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Well I am what around here they call a damn yankee. I was raised in Chicago and ended up in Virginia. People around here are crazy drivers. The best picture I can paint for you is when driving home one dayI saw a vehicle that some how ended up in the center median culvert resting on either side by thge bumpers \_/ Imagine nothing but the bumpers where touching. And the driver was sitting in the driverseat still talking on their cell phone.
:5700293539:
Lol! One the oddest things I've seen was in pennsylvania. Apparantly, yield there means come to a complete stop. And they love to put yield signs on the entry ramps to the highways especially when working on the road in the area. Nothing more fun (and dangerous) then everyone coming to a complete stop for no reason whatsoever, and then trying to floor it onto the highway with cars coming at you at 60 mph. lol

·
Registered
590 Posts
Around here they know 4wd = go faster in snow. But they don't know or realize that 4wd does NOT = slows down faster in snow. Every year same thing...accidents all over. Its so bad that I am ultra paranoid...constantly watching the people behind me to make sure they slow down or I can get over onto the shoulder. I only drive in the outside lines so I have an out. I guess I learned that from the bike too, but works just as well with cars..
I hear ya. I do the same thing, always looking behind me and all around me, giving myself an out. On that note, stay safe this winter everyone, and keep those beautiful Avengers out of trouble.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts