Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I need to replace both outer tie rod ends. And i'm out of warranty. And they are not cheap (200 USD both). I have 60000km (aprox. 38000 miles) with my Avenger 2008 2.0 diesel 140hp black pearl. Have you done this to your Avenger? How many kilometers/miles did you had? And what were the simptoms? It is possible the car to come with cheap rod ends from the factory? Thank you.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
I had to replace my outer tie rod at about 15k miles. Not sure what was up with that, but I actually had to take it to two dealers for them to find the problem too... lol.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I had to replace my outer tie rod at about 15k miles. Not sure what was up with that, but I actually had to take it to two dealers for them to find the problem too... lol.
What kind of symptoms did you have? I assume some kind of wiggley steering but that is only a guess.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
I think it was more of a small popping sound over bumps... It has been so long since I had the issue that I can't quite remember what it sounded like... sorry.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What kind of symptoms did you have? I assume some kind of wiggley steering but that is only a guess.
The symptoms are like Sphinx said, only they can be seen better when you drive a bumpy road with small halls or small bumps, like an unpaved or stone covered road. And it was found that i have to replace them when i made the general inspection for two years usage last week. The man who inspected tried to move the wheel from the outside but not in its natural manner, on the horizontal, but vertical. And it had a large movement. But now i'm relaxed. If you or others had to change them earlier than me, my guess is some how normal.:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
In my previous car, -07 Caliber I replaced my outer rod ends at 85000km. There was some disruptive rattle at low speeds what I noticed. Also some loose movement was detected while wheel was jacked up and you twisted it by hands -as said before.

I chose Moogs replacement parts which are much durable than original ones and pay nearly half less. My -08 Avenger has now some 75000km mileage with original parts and does not have any symptoms yet.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I looked at Moog's web site and unfortunately they have only the rear sway bar kit, which i must admit is cheaper than i thought.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts