Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(hope I'm posting in the right spot)
When I start my car is the only time I have the issue. All gears in the dash will be outlined including an 8. So, far I'd say this happens about 40-45% of the time at start up. Even more rare (about half the time when the P R N D 8 appears), is in the morning when that happens I'll also experience limp mode. I'll press harder on the gas to get moving (because I'm usually running late to work) and it'll start jerking about 3-4 times before it returns to normal. I've experienced the limp mode only after work when my cars been sitting for the day as well, but no other issues. She runs pretty great. The only solid thing correlating the the dash reading P R N D 8 is that my trunk won't open. Currently, it's really not an issue, but from the little I've been able to find on it people have had issues with their car not shifting from park or not starting in correlation with this issue. So, I'd rather get it figured out sooner than later considering the possibilities. Really I have no fucking idea what all they are, but I don't need to find out if I can help it at all.

·
Premium Member
6,728 Posts
Welcome to the Forumz. So from your profile info, yours is a 2010 model SXT. But what motor is under the hood(each motor has their own "quirks") and what mileage and how old is the battery(and how long since the battery terminals have been cleaned)?

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Our cars have fairly sensitive electrical systems. Without knowing any service history it's very difficult to tell. Could be your battery if it's afew years old, could be electrical connections at the battery or TIPM or the TIPM itself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
165,000 miles. I honestly don't know about when the battery was last serviced. I just bought it in February and didn't ask that info. The only things I've had done are a couple oil changes (I drive delivery) and a half assed tune up of spark plugs and wires.

Welcome to the Forumz. So from your profile info, yours is a 2010 model SXT. But what motor is under the hood(each motor has their own "quirks") and what mileage and how old is the battery(and how long since the battery terminals have been cleaned)?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts