Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Newbie! 2008 Dodge Avenger SXT 2.7 6cyl in pretty good condition . Would like to hold onto it for a bit. Running a code for P0660 which is my subject line. Looks to be a do it yourself fix as the part itself is not to hard to access and put in.

Was wondering if anyone has had the same experience and what you did/final outcome. I had a shop tell me I need a whole new manifold assembly which seems a bit excessive for the code it's throwing out. He did not pull anything apart or look at connections or the part itself to see if it need to be replaced. Just hooked up a computer.

The car runs great otherwise and I would like to hold onto it. But 1k plus to have a whole new assembly in that late model of a car seems like it might be time to trade up.

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
Is that all the diagnosing that has been done for your "ailment"?
has any other work been done recently to the motor?
Have you cleared the codes and seen if they come back?
Could ask a lot more questions for more background information to help/suggest a course of action.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes on diagnosing. No recent work on motor. Codes cleared and came back. Intermittent stalling and idle a bit screwy.

I appreciate the reply. Learning curve.

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
Okay, that helps.

Car is 8 years old, the intake manifold tends to "gunk up" with PCV system oil fumes causing "butterfly" valves inside intake runners to get stuck and /or break which is monitored by the sensor you have described. Some folks have been able to remove and clean the manifold and get things working again,and others find that they fall apart or are broken upon visual inspection on manifold removal. That is probably why the shop said "new manifold" to have 100% fix.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello,

Thank you for your time and response. I will try the cleaning first and inspect see if that one part is the "only"issue.

Crossing fingers.

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
Before you get your hands dirty, Drop by the newbie check in page and introduce yourself to the whole group,our protocol is to "check in when new member and a lot of site how to information there to see.

Good luck in your "surgery" to your Avenger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts