Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 avenger with the 2.4 and 41te transmission. It has 116000 miles on it..
I have replaced the transmission solenoid , fluid and filter change, and replaced the tipm ,fresh new battery and alternator.
Before I changed all that I had a slew of problems including the above codes. Now I only receive those codes.
I can clear the codes and it will drive for a little bit or a little while.. usually produce problems within 20 miles.
I did a hard reset, connect cables together and left them over night. Reconnected and drove fine for 30 minutes then I stopped put it in park. Few seconds later i put in drive and instantly went into limp mode.
Could this be an ECM issue? Or could this be a wiring issue? One reason why I feel it is not the wiring is I can clear the code and it works.. once the code comes back limp.
There are other posts about this and I have read a few but havent got a definitive answer.. anything anyone has tried would be appreciated

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
That's a tough one. Might be time to take it in, maybe a transmission shop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If clearing the code makes it go away, but after the transmission has had time to warm up, it happens again? To me, it sounds like it very well may be a broken wire in the harness. Not an easy diagnosis to confirm, unfortunately, but it is possible.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies.. I reset the codes again and I've noticed it seems to set when transmission goes to kickdown.. (80 percent of the time) perhaps I will check that circuit and see if I could locate a broken wire.. I will post when I find out something

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As of now I put the old TIPM back in. Luckily the place i got it from will accept it and restock it for a fee of course.. of course still running the same codes.. does anyone know if this particular transmission has a separate kickdown solenoid inside the transmission?

·
Premium Member
6,728 Posts
Don't know if this will help, but I spent a few HOURS looking for vid's on this problem. Found one where the shift pack was replaced and still had the problem. It boiled down to a bad connection to the ECM(not the TIPM), locking latch was broken and allowing connections to get "loose". I'd suggest rechecking the connectors on both ends of the solenoid pack and to the ECM.
The title for the Youtube I found was 604 trans codesP0757 P0755 . He's working with an 05 Dodge minivan, but this would be similar to yours.
Good luck...BTW it's a rather lengthy vid!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't know if this will help, but I spent a few HOURS looking for vid's on this problem. Found one where the shift pack was replaced and still had the problem. It boiled down to a bad connection to the ECM(not the TIPM), locking latch was broken and allowing connections to get "loose". I'd suggest rechecking the connectors on both ends of the solenoid pack and to the ECM.
The title for the Youtube I found was 604 trans codesP0757 P0755 . He's working with an 05 Dodge minivan, but this would be similar to yours.
Good luck...BTW it's a rather lengthy vid!
Thanks I will definitely check it out..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts