P0760 Car stuck in LimpMode

Discussion in 'Dodge Avenger Mechanical Problems and Questions' started by Winningar, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Winningar

Winningar New Member

Hello People well im back with a new problem sadly i have a 2008 dodge avenger 2.4L and it has 120000 miles on it. The car seems to be stuck in limp mode i had my pcm changed like a month ago because the car was throwing a bunch of errors and my mechanic advised me to replace the pcm well i did that car drove fine for about 2months and here we are today i was at the store put the car in park check engine light came on i went and got it scanned and i got the code p0760 i replaced the solenoid pack it worked okay for about 2hrs code comes right back up car enters right back into limp mode took it to a trans shop they said my car shifts fine and informed me that p0760 deals with overdrive solenoid failure and thats something they dont do and advised me to seek out an auto electrician . so i was wondering if any one could help me out give me any pointers any help would be great. i rather not take my car to the dealership again they kept my car for like a month and kept giving me the run around. and just for a little more info if i clear the code the car runs fine until the cel come on:(im out of ideals

2. 5rebel9

5rebel9 Active Member Site Supporter Level 1 Military

Media:
    Albums:
    Have you checked the trans fluid level and it's condition? The trans is due for fresh oil and filter at this mileage. Could be a poor connection of the wiring at the trans for that solenoid "C" .

3. Winningar

Winningar New Member

yea i checked the trans fluid it was full and looked fine plush i changed it when i first got the car. when i took the car to AMMCO transmision he said the trans was shifting perfect and everything before the code came on he suggested that its most likely an electical problem or a bad pcm which i had replaced like 3 months ago anyone got any wiring diagrams i can use? ill check the connection later today keep everyone posted:(

4. dogman1955

dogman1955 New Member

Have you had any other electrical problems? Lights, security system , horn , etc.? I had horn and security system random malfunctions and changed my tipms with a refurbished one which cured my electrical issues but created an issue with it being stuck in limp mode which was because the refurbed unit was stuck in limp mode so I put another tipms unit in just last night which seems to have cured the shift problem.
    Good luck.