Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, how long does it take to let the paint dry so it's not tacky. I started to paint them on May 5th, let them dry over night before putting the second coat on them the following day. And today they are still tacky. P.s. these were bran new calipers and I still used the break cleaner on them, let them dry before painting them. Anyone have any advice, thanks.
Hood Red Material property Drinkware Ingredient

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Depending on the product they could be dry to the touch within 30 minutes and totally dry within 24 hours. Not sure what happened here, maybe defective product?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After reading your reply I looked more closely at the product's box and noticed the assembly date was for 2018 I'm wondering if that means the paint is old. I tried to search how old can paint be to still be able to use and haven't found anything. Thank you for your advice.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
That old date is probably the issue. I would say bake them in the oven but it will damage the seals. Maybe if you install them the heat generated from braking may do the trick. If not, you'll have to wipe them down with lacquer thinner and repaint with new caliper paint.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
No problem, good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts