Dodge Avenger Forum banner

Paint Problems...

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  DJ Roomba 
#1 ·
So I noticed lately that my Revenger is getting the infamous hood bubbling. Okay, I'll go see the dealer. But today as I was washing my car, I noticed the paint is literally PEELING off ALL my SXTs Alloys. This is ridiculous for a car that is only three years old!! Anyone have this problem, and might a dealer help me out?

Picture of rim attached.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I had my alloys replaced under warranty for blooming under the lacquer. It went again so I just bit the bullet and had them powder coated.

#4 ·
I had my Durango wheels replaced under warranty in the first year because of the corrosion around the center caps.
My avenger wheels have it also, but it's not under warranty. Curious... How much to get them powder coated?

#8 ·
I asked my local dealer, he said getting the hoods fixed is something he normally can get pushed through, but getting corrosion coverage covered under warranty for the wheels is nearly impossible.

#9 ·
Yeah, I'm gonna go visit my Dodge Dealer.

I just talked to my buddy and he said he would powder coat my rims for $50 a piece if I really want, so I might bite the bullet and take him up on the offer.
I always wanted the black contrast on my rims anyways... haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.