Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having issues with battery drain, bit have now noticed the rear passenger door sounds like it is locking again after 30 seconds of pressing the lock button on the remote. It also sometimes triggers the car alarm at the same time as making the noise. Has anyone got any ideas what could be wrong.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
You could try using a different key and fob to see if that makes a difference. If not, you'll have to look for a parasitic drain on your system. It's a bit of a process but there are videos on Youtube that are helpful. Could be a bad master lock switch.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not the key or fob, but where I live it's pouring with rain so I am sat in the car thinking lol rather than doing.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I feel your pain:( You could also check and see if there is water collecting in your trunk(boot) lid. You could pull the drain plugs out of the bottom of the lid to see if water comes out. It is a common problem with our cars. This can cause the lock mechanism in the lid to rust and malfunction causing issues with the door lock system. Make sure you have an umbrella handy:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an umbrella to hand. I have tried the boot drain thing and that dry. It is something to do with the rear door lock I think as that clicks at the same time as the alarm goes off

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Maybe pull the inner door panel off and disconnect the lock relay to see if that makes a difference??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tried that and the noise stops but the alarm triggers every time. Going to try the grounding green and white wire trick on driver's door now

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Ok, good luck. Many times problems can lead back to the master switch since it is used the most.

Reactions: Dodgerpreneuer

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a new (used but working) lock coming on Thursday. So will fit that and see what happens. Has anyone got any recommendations for one tools or software? Been looking at appear diagFCA but I'm not sure if it will allow me to connect to the alarm system.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Looks like it does:

Interior Vehicle Theft Alarm ConfigurationAllows you to adjust the Interior Vehicle Theft Alarm Configuration and allows you to enable the VTA theft alarm in vehicles not equipped with an additional intrusion alarm module.

and also the Driver Door Module. Might be something to consider for the price.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like it does:

Interior Vehicle Theft Alarm ConfigurationAllows you to adjust the Interior Vehicle Theft Alarm Configuration and allows you to enable the VTA theft alarm in vehicles not equipped with an additional intrusion alarm module.

and also the Driver Door Module. Might be something to consider for the price.
I never noticed that bit. I think I will get it. I have obd adapters already so will try it with those and see. I think I will need a newer adapter but there cheap enough.

Will keep post upto date.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
That would be great. I've thought about getting it too. Looks interesting.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Sounds great, thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I tried diagFCA and I would say if you own a Dodge then buy the software and a gd obd adapter, I can access, control and test every component on my avenger, it is well worth the money. My dongle cost £28 and software cost £37 best money I have spent on any car. I will be posting some screenshots in another thread soon. I was able to diagnose my car fault in less that 5 mins. It turns out the alarm backup battery is faulty so the alarm triggered every time I locked it, it was also the power drain from my battery as it was constantly trying to charge the alarm battery. I have simply turned the alarm off with the software untill I can change the alarm battery.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Sounds amazing, thanks for the update:cool:

Reactions: Morphstu

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Nice.

Reactions: Morphstu
1 - 18 of 18 Posts