Passenger Side, no heat from vents

Discussion in 'Dodge Avenger Electrical Problems and Questions' started by nickbrunelle18, Jan 6, 2018.

1. nickbrunelle18

nickbrunelle18 New Member

Hi guys, I apologize if this is wrong section, didn't know where to post.

Just in time for winter, all the vents on the passenger side of my 2012 avenger are blowing room temperature air. The driver side vents all blow nice and hot. What could be the issue?

Thanks.

2. Intrepid

Intrepid Active Member MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Could be a few things. Our cars have issues with blend door actuators that control air flow in the HVAC system. Let us know more details about your car and maybe someone can figure it out with you.

3. jimgcastle

jimgcastle New Member Military

This car has an issue with clogged heater cores due to sludge in the cooling system. Presents itself as no heat on the passenger side. Have the dealer reference Star Case S1207000008. The dealer will charge about $2200 to do the job as it entails replacing the radiator, heater core, oil cooler, coolant bottle and cap. My dealer had a two year warranty on parts and labor, that's why I had them do it. It also comes back about every 18 months or so.

4. AntDragon

AntDragon New Member Military

Hi, I recently encountered this issue as well, including cold air through the center dash vents. Searches here and around the internet mostly point to clogged heater cores being the prominent problem, as well as other A/C components (like the Dorman's door actuators also in Fords and Chevy's too), and the whole coolant system. While heater core flushes or replacement seem to provide some sort of solution, it seems filing a complaint about this safety hazard issue (fogged, frosted windshield and passenger windows that continue to fog/frost), may eventually make Fiat-Chrysler issue a recall/TSB.

You can file the complaint with the National Highway & Transportation Safety Agency here: https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

For reference, this is the complaint I filed: "Window Defrost and Passenger Heat /Air. While either in motion or while driving, no heated air exits the passenger side of the windshield defroster, nor the passenger window defrost, lower and center console vents. Heated air only exits the driver's side windshield and driver's side dash vents. Problem persists through all cabin air modes, and circulations. This safety issue effects visibility and passenger safety by failing to defrost/defog windows and keeping cabin tempuratures near or below freezing during cold weather (blowing cold air into the cabin)."