Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I assmuning correctly that since the SRT-4 Caliber is now out, that there might be a turbo or other mods for my SE down the road in about a year?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
There is very little you can do to improve the performance on the 2.4l. You can add a K&N CAI and pick up maybe 5 horsepower. Replace the exhaust system and pick up a few more. If a turbo system is made available in a future date I would wait till its been installed and tested before letting my engine become a test case.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
You may want to wait till its more feasible and do a radiator cap mod...;)

·
Registered
565 Posts
changing gear ratio can add a little to performance. However that can kill your fuel economy.

one of the mechanics at the shop I use when I need one changed from 3.55 to 4.10 gears in his 5.9L ram. It accelerates quicker now but he dropped 3 mpg. Ouch! Then again he has a led foot. your mileage my vary.

- Dan M

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
You should see the rpm change and its really something to feel the difference in your take off. I also went from 3.55's to 4.10's, and turned my truck into a TQ monster. In the end it ate way to much gas. I loved it at the track, but as a daily driver it just ate to much in gas.

·
Registered
18 Posts
to make things shorter.. what do you guys thing is EVERYTHING it can be done to a 2.4 sxt in order to improve performance? i was thinking aobut cold air intake, performance chip, and maybe an exhaust.. what do you guys think?

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
to make things shorter.. what do you guys thing is EVERYTHING it can be done to a 2.4 sxt in order to improve performance? i was thinking aobut cold air intake, performance chip, and maybe an exhaust.. what do you guys think?
That would be a good start, as you should see some improvment.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts