Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey looking to get a few small performance upgrades on my R/T... i was wondering if getting just new muffler would do anything? or would i need the entire exhaust system to get any real output:4-dontknow:

also i saw a stupid chip on ebay, 8.95 for 45+hp and 12+mpg.... sounds way to good to be true, i almost want to buy it to just see what it does, since its only like $20 including the shipping, and if it doesnt work, then o well, its not like i spent a fortune... what are your guys thoughts on this

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
That is what they want you to do. They get 20 or 30 people to do what you are about to do and that is free money in their pocket... From what I have seen, they do give you a gain, but not what they are stating... If you get one, let me know what value the resistor is so I can put one on my car!! LOL

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
No it does nothing like sphinx said trying to take ur money, if u want to give monney away i need it give it to me lol, Dont buy it get a chip that u can actually read up on and c actual results on. If u just want to do minor modds intake,exhaust and chip there are some minor modds. If u have any questions on modding or how to do it just ask

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Im gonna say around 400, depends on the brand really

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Armitank, do not buy that chip off of ebay. Its useless. So much so, if you send me half of what they are asking, I will send you nothing in return, and you will probably see as much performance gains for half the cost. ;)

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
^LOL, you guys! AvengerRT, and Bullet are right. That 'chip' does nothing. If you do decide to try it though, PM what is inside the box they give you. I would like to know for some silly reason... maybe I will start making them and selling them on ebay... lol!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol, i just started to read there reviews, and the negative ones all say,..... this isnt a chip, its a resistor i could have bought at radioshack for 50cents.. bullsh.t scam dont buy....

ahhah

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
That is what I thought it was... lol. That is why I was saying to let me know what the value of the resistor was so I can go get one and put it in. lol :D

·
Registered
610 Posts
Jet Tech has a chip...or should I say controller for the 2.4L. you need to tap into a few sensors on the wire harness. Has anyone installed this "chip" and if so have you noticed any gain in performance. I added a flow master 40 muffler and K&N pane filter and noticed slight gain in low end acceration. the car sounds great

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
There are several members that have installed Jet Chips. From what I have read, they all swear by them. They are a good performance upgrade from the stock chip. I think the stage 2 chip requires CAI, exhaust, and premium fuel... which the manual recommends to NOT use premium fuel. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I think the chip adjusts the computer so premium fuel can be used properly...in that case (with the chip) I think premium would work alright.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey guys I was wondering if you can help me out here I just bought a new 08 Avenger SXT V6 2.7 and i want to upgrade it and put some mods in it. So i was reading something about a chip whats that all about. Sounds like it improves the HP iam looking to do something like this but need help which chip should i get to help me performance over all i just want to go fast in this car. so help me out thanks guys

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Hey guys I was wondering if you can help me out here I just bought a new 08 Avenger SXT V6 2.7 and i want to upgrade it and put some mods in it. So i was reading something about a chip whats that all about. Sounds like it improves the HP iam looking to do something like this but need help which chip should i get to help me performance over all i just want to go fast in this car. so help me out thanks guys

for now get the stage 1 cause u dont have an intake or free flow exhaust..

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Jet Tech has a chip...or should I say controller for the 2.4L. you need to tap into a few sensors on the wire harness. Has anyone installed this "chip" and if so have you noticed any gain in performance. I added a flow master 40 muffler and K&N pane filter and noticed slight gain in low end acceration. the car sounds great
On the Caliber side the 2-4L engine is standard on the R/T. A few members have installed the Jet "chip" and had problems with the engine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts