Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When modding your car there are many things to remember that are very important. Know what your doing and ask many questions to those you feel may be able to help you through your modding woes. No question is dumb, and anyone that feels it is a dumb question,... run as that person is not who you need. If you are going to have someone do the work for you, find the best custom shop or knowlageble friend to do it for you. If a mod is not done correctly, it can be deadly on your end behind the steering wheel. There are many on this site that can help you out with your modding needs. The person that wants to help you out should be able to explain in detail what a certain mod can and will do. That person should also be able to tell you why it is also not good to do certain mod's, as it may not do anything for you, and spending your money can be avoided.

I have mentioned Bullet85, as one member that can help you out as he has made his own custom CAI. The FWD Avenger R/T is pumping out 190whp (do not mix it up with bhp which is 235) with the junk ram air intake that Dodge put on. I have no WTQ spec. as of yet, but will soon. A CAI will increase your WHP by a small amount. I say between 5 and 7HP if your lucky with the 3.5L. A free flowing exhaust will increase your WTQ (this is really what you want and need, as TQ is the major factor in making a monster) by 10 to 25 (not % wise) to the wheels. To get better performance, look at doing three things to your car. 1) Make a CAI, or wait untill one is available from a major manufacture. 2) Free flowing exhaust with high flow cats, or a cat back system when one is avalible. 3) A Jet Stage1 or 2 performance chip. I was one of the first people to install a Stage2 chip in an Avenger R/T and there is a performance difference. The Stage1 and Stage2 chips made for the Avenger, are the same performance chip's used in the Charger SXT 3.5L. So all the R&D was already done by the time the Avenger came around. I've been working on putting togather data on the best shifting points while driving in manual mode. I have already put togather data for road course raceing and city driving. Drag strip runs will come in late spring when the local track opens up. I am working on getting a Chrysler Crossfire and seeing how the Avenger R/T will compete against it. Hopefully, I can get an SRT6 to ply with, so I have a high performance car to tune the Avenger R/T as close as I can performance wise to the SRT6. I have been around performace cars for many yrs, so I know that even a well tuned NA Avenger R/T will not come close to an SRT6. But things are in the works in a little raceing town called Oswego NY (oswegospeedway.com). There is an Avenger R/T there that is getting ready to make a lot of noise. Keep looking in on the performance forum on the AvengerforumZ.com site for some eye opening things to come.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Thanks for all the information Regandon! I would love to see the numbers you get as a before and after. Good luck again with your crossfire!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Yea if u have more info about modding these r/ts let us know. Im just tryin to help out best as i can. I want everyones avenger to dominate the road. The place i got my CAI from might fabb up a turbo charger when i go back home. The hardest part is going to be the computer in the car, cause we dont want check engine lights coming on.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Txs for the post, im chomping at the bit for a cold air intake and a cat back exhaust.

After that stage 2,, for now its just a waiting game. I appreciate all the pointers you guys have been giving, im a total novice.

another note::4-dontknow:

About these cold air intakes, If manfacturers know that there are guys like us just waiting to install these babies, would they be on the market faster. I emailed K&N to find out when there would be one released and all i got was a generic lame response stating that there isnt one available at this time. When in my email i clearly stated that i realized its not available at this time, just enquiring if one was in the works and possibly an ETA of when it would be released.

Should these hi performance exhaust companies be a little more pro active and beat the competition to the punch. K&N as well as other larger companies should have connections in the auto industry and know when models like this are coming out, and have them available. I know its a bit of a niche market, but it doesnt take much insight and market research to realize that guys who buy an aggressive looking automobile like the avenger or better yet, one with an R/T badge are gonna look to mod there vehicles a bit. And whats more simple than throwing a Cold air intake on. Like ive only had my car for a month, but some of you guys of had these since last summer ?? whats the delay in the aftermarket ? i dont get it.

On that note, the first company that makes one is gonna have an in-rush of sales, (mainly from this forum) lol,,, anyway, im done ranting,

I love this forum, my girlfriend says im on it too much, haha, to bad for her.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Im on this forum everyday and just like to hear how other ppl love the same thing i do and thats moddin cars.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im on this forum everyday and just like to hear how other ppl love the same thing i do and thats moddin cars.
I for one like what your doing with your car, and its good to know that there are younger modders out there. Keep up what your doing on your car, and you'll have one hell of an Avenger RT.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the information Regandon! I would love to see the numbers you get as a before and after. Good luck again with your crossfire!
I will be posting on everything I do with the car, in hopes of helping out others that want to mod their Avenger. I only hope I have as much fun in the Crossfire as I do in my Avenger R/T.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
oooooo crossfire nice dont they come with a turbo in them

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
That is still nice, wat kind of motor does the crossfire have, the one ur getting and the srt-6. Is it possible to but the srt-6 supercharger on ur crossfire

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Crossfire has a 3.2L made by M.Benz. Even the SRT6 uses the 3.2L. I could not use the SC that used for the SRT6 because the SRT6 motors are hand built in Germany and perfectly tuned. I wish Chrysler would have had the 3.5L installed. My Avenger R/T will give the non SRT6 Crossfire a run for its money. The R/T with the Stage2 is clocking in 0-60 times in the high 6 seconds, while the Crossfire non SRT is clocking in 6.5 seconds. The SRT6 is doing 0-60 in about 4.7 seconds. The Avenger R/T is nothing to laugh at as you already know. My R/T will be staying with me for a very long time.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Nice im tellin ya man they need to do something at mopar. I send emails after emails and call pll all the time and i think they r getting sick of me but im tryin as best as i can. I test drove an srt-4 caliper and man wow i wish our avengers had the performance that it has. A 3.5l turbo charged avenger ha i laugh at mustangs and would not even waste my gas lol....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts