Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
started off bad the car i wanted and saw listed for 15k they added features but didnt disclose them. bumping it up to 20k. they had a silver one same specs but listed for 18k. i asked to take the silver one for the price of the white one. since i originally was going to get the white one for their listed price. they dickered with the price saying they could go 16k. i told them they ad the white one listed for 15k but added extras and didnt disclose it. mentioned bait and switch and they met me at the price of 15k.

i am glad i printed up the ads before going in as that gave me alot of leverage.

ended up after taxes and fees plus the extra maitnece and extended warranty i got out for under 20k , 0 down

extras were protective coat, 100k/5yr, gap, 28 maitnence stops,

best i can say research and bring docmentation

Ed was my salesman and was a pleasure to deal with

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Sounds like you ended up with a pretty good deal. I always wonder...how many dealerships do you have in the area (dodge)? Here, there seems so many, its hard enough to get them to agree on a fair price, let alone throw in any extras...

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Not alll of us are like that
Oh I agree. When I find some place I like, I tend to stick with them. :) When I find someplace I don't, I tell everyone not to go there and never go back.

Same thing with bike dealerships too. I paid $200 for a "first service" which was to include a bunch of different things. They changed the oil and that was it. Never went back.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Thanks for all your good thoughts guys. I am one of those supposed sharks!!!!!!!
No offense taken I hope. Whenever I buy a new car I try to have as much information on cost as possible. I figure a new car salesperson job is to sell the cars and make money for his dealership. My goal is to buy a new vehicle and pay as little as possible. With information I can achieve this goal; without it I might pay MRSP.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hey zonestar as a salesman my job is to match the customer up with the right vehicle for them. And I like to meet people. And I like to get paid a fair amount for my services. But lets not get into that can of worms. The stereo tipical salesman is a diing breed.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Hey zonestar as a salesman my job is to match the customer up with the right vehicle for them. And I like to meet people. And I like to get paid a fair amount for my services. But lets not get into that can of worms. The stereo tipical salesman is a diing breed.
I've been in sales before...not car sales but anything where your pay is based on commission is kinda the same thing I think. My big thing with car dealerships is that so many (at least around here) are into the hard sell. They push and push and push. I don't want the hard sell...can't deal with it. I don't really expect to be put on a pedalstal either because if theres a chance I'm not buying from you then you won't make any money. But I just need straight up answers. If I ask a salesperson to send me a email because I can't use the phone at work...i expect an email...if you keep calling and calling...well expect to be disappointed when I go elsewhere.

I don't ask for much. Your best price really is all I want. And I don't think that sending me an email with it is too much to ask. For some it is. Didn't really do much with email this time around, but I was running out of time so I had to sneak away to make some calls.

·
Registered
18 Posts
yOu know, the dealer that worked with us was great.. he actually visited us a few days after the sale was done to see how everything was going.. he gave me his cel phone number in case we had any questions

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
yOu know, the dealer that worked with us was great.. he actually visited us a few days after the sale was done to see how everything was going.. he gave me his cel phone number in case we had any questions
This very kind of thing is what has been keeping me going to the same dealership time and time again. When my car was in for its recall fix, they gave me a Chrysler 300 to use for the day.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
This very kind of thing is what has been keeping me going to the same dealership time and time again. When my car was in for its recall fix, they gave me a Chrysler 300 to use for the day.

Maybe I need to move to new york! Your lucky around here sometimes to get them to point you to a waiting room..

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Maybe I need to move to new york! Your lucky around here sometimes to get them to point you to a waiting room..
The dealership I go to will always go out of their way for the customer. The one thing I like, is that they do not push a sale's pitch on you at all. They offer free coffee to all customers, and even make sure there is an up to date news paper in the waiting room.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
The dealership I go to will always go out of their way for the customer. The one thing I like, is that they do not push a sale's pitch on you at all. They offer free coffee to all customers, and even make sure there is an up to date news paper in the waiting room.

Thats the way it should be! :)

·
Registered
412 Posts
It is a shame that some of the dealerships are not as curtious. We offer free coffee, chilled spring water, and animal crackers for the kids. We have a play area for kids and a lounge with chairs and couches that you can go to sleep in( I know this personally-have fallin asleep in them myself.) We are a small store and personal service is very important to us. Not all dealerships are like this. Unfortunately.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts