Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
If you are asking if this auction is for the radio, then no, it is not for the radio. This probably does work on the radio if you have it. But always be weary, as there are many eBay auctions that are phony!

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
I am not sure what you are really asking here. Yes the Pioneer Avic-Z2 has built in DVD, and navigation. The auction is not for the unit... it is a disc to pretty much unlock the unit.

Is that what you were wanting?

Also, you double posted this...

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes that is what i want. im aware that its not for the navigation system lol. i wish it was that price

what i want is for a successful unlock of the pioneer avic-z2 that up until today i thought was impossible

yes ur right, i posted in the general forum and in the audio/video forum so that i had a better chance of getting a response. for example: i almost never browse around to other sections and usually stay in just one, and therefore, i assume people do the same, so i post it in 2 appropriate places to better my chances of a response

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
I actually don't ever browse. I just click on the 'New Posts" button toward the top of the page. Also, just for future reference, double posting is not really liked in forums. People might think you are trying to get your post count up or something. I understand that you were just trying to get some attention, but just post it once and be patient. Someone will look at it and respond to you!

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
I think that if you want your system unlocked, this looks like your only, and relatively cheap, fix for the problem! I would say go for it if you have the extra cash flow. Do you have this radio in your Avenger? Post up some pics if you get a chance!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
If i dont have the gig radio in my car i just have the other radio, will the GIG radio fit in my car with no problems?

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
The MyGig should be a direct replacement for what you have. You don't even need to buy a wiring harness or anything. Just Buy the MyGig radio, without NAV, cause that takes extra stuff, and pop it into the place where your old radio was! Should be an easy swap.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Nice in the dodge parts section on the dealership they have one for sale for 300, is that good, im assuming so ..

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
300 for the MyGig? They normally sell for around $700, so if you can get one for half off, then that is a GREAT deal. Just make sure it is the MyGig, and not the stock radio, cause that price is probably for the stock radio. Just search for MyGig on eBay, and you will find some good prices.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
$300 for a mygig without nav sounds like a great price to me as well! :)

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no i do not have it installed. im trying to get more information before i buy the system. i dont want to buy it and then not be able to play dvd's when im driving

·
Registered
542 Posts
the only problem with the pioneer is theres only 2 ways to get around it, one you have to take the unit apart andi think either solder 2 points together or unsolder them, im not quite sure, and the other one is a code that you gotta put in that will act as a service code to let it run so that they can see whats wrong with the unit, but you need another code to reverse it, and both ways void the warrenty

1 - 16 of 16 Posts