Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 2012 Avenger 2.4L with a abundance of problems, one of which is that the windshield wipers will only work on the highest setting (the clock on the radio lost about 3 hours of time while I was at work not sure if that’s helpful or not). I’ve just recently replaced my battery and alternator and wish to not put any more money into the car. If anybody has a slight clue I’d be very happy.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Difficult to say withought knowing the service history of the car. It could be the wiper switch/stalk. There could be an electrical issue. If you are having other electrical issues you may have a ground problem or a problem with your TIPM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Difficult to say withought knowing the service history of the car. It could be the wiper switch/stalk. There could be an electrical issue. If you are having other electrical issues you may have a ground problem or a problem with your TIPM.
After looking around the ground going to the battery was a little lose but didn’t solve the problem. I checked pretty much everything (at least to my knowledge) and it seems ok. I should also mention that at random times my wipers would just come on for a second or two.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Next thing to check would be to disconnect the battery and pull out the TIPM. Check all electrical connections on the bottom of it and apply dielectric grease to all connectors before reconnecting.
Finally it could be the switch or the wiper motor itself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts