Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Not as long as you keep track of it. You may also want to keep all the receipts throughout the process. You should have received a log book from your dealer that you should religiously fill out during any maintenance you may have on your car. Better safe than sorry in my book!

·
Registered
23 Posts
shoot I have found that it is easer and better to go to the delar for mine. they do more than just change the oil. They plug it in and and check faults, and up load all your maintenance to your brain box. You dont have to find some where to get rid of the oil or get your car up on something, plus they do the windows too. I am only paying about $40.

·
Registered
542 Posts
what kind of oil are you using full synthetic or not

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
I used to change my own oil, but it is much nicer to just relax and let someone else do it.

This is the second car that I also bought the Owner Care Convenience Package. I just go to any Dealer and hand them the book. My oil changes are covered, I get a rental car if mine is in for repairs (came in real handy when my Caliber was at the dealer for two weeks waiting for a new intake manifold), they'll cover up to $1000 for hotel, food, transportation and other expenses if my car breaks down more than 100 miles from home, and more.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
I used to change my own oil, but it is much nicer to just relax and let someone else do it.

This is the second car that I also bought the Owner Care Convenience Package. I just go to any Dealer and hand them the book. My oil changes are covered, I get a rental car if mine is in for repairs (came in real handy when my Caliber was at the dealer for two weeks waiting for a new intake manifold), they'll cover up to $1000 for hotel, food, transportation and other expenses if my car breaks down more than 100 miles from home, and more.
A new intake maniflold, You must have been saying "What in the heck!" Sorry to hear that.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
If I did not do the routine maintenance on my cars I would take it to the dealer. I would buy my oil from someplace on sale and take it to the dealer. They will give you credit for "customer supplied own oil". When ever the oil I use go on sale like BOGO free, I buy enough for 4 oil changes; which is about 1 year.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
A new intake maniflold, You must have been saying "What in the heck!" Sorry to hear that.
And that was after they told me that the check engine light was on because the fuel cap was probably loose. The third time I took it in was when they decided it was the intake manifold. They ordered it, it was shipped, it wasn't shipped, it was on back order.... :4-angermax:

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
And that was after they told me that the check engine light was on because the fuel cap was probably loose. The third time I took it in was when they decided it was the intake manifold. They ordered it, it was shipped, it wasn't shipped, it was on back order.... :4-angermax:
I love it when they say it's shipped and it's not,etc. What a tease. Morons.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Keep a book for EVERYTHING. Oil, wipers, batteries, body kits, tinting, brakes, every last detail. if you don't write it down, it never happened.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Keep a book for EVERYTHING. Oil, wipers, batteries, body kits, tinting, brakes, every last detail. if you don't write it down, it never happened.
Receipts count? Also I like the idea of supplying your own oil...Can you supply your own oil and oil filters and basically just have them do it? I hate trying to dispose of the changed oil :p

Also does the oil/filter have to be any particular brand or will the dealer complain?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Receipts count? Also I like the idea of supplying your own oil...Can you supply your own oil and oil filters and basically just have them do it? I hate trying to dispose of the changed oil :p

Also does the oil/filter have to be any particular brand or will the dealer complain?
Oil disposal can be a pita. I still have old oil in my garage from my bike and my magnum lol.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
In Queensland you can do your own oil change in between service intervals using mopar filter but the log book service must done by a mechanic/shop (eg:lube mobile) with a "log book stamp" no service stamp no warranty!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Oil disposal can be a pita. I still have old oil in my garage from my bike and my magnum lol.
If you take your waste oil to Jiffy Lube or any quick lube place they will take it. If they give you grief drop it off at night, they are very accommodating when they are closed.:smileup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts