Questions About Lowering Springs

Discussion in 'Custom Chassis - Suspension - Wheels and Tires' started by Abdul Ahad, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Abdul Ahad

Abdul Ahad New Member

Media:
    I am looking at getting H&R lowering springs, but I also need new struts. Do the springs really wear out the struts faster? Should I get more expensive struts that last longer? Also what other parts do I need to adjust camber in the front and rear. I am just looking for a list of items that I need to purchase to do this properly.

2. Intrepid

Intrepid Active Member MOTM Winner!

Media:
    You should get the best quality struts that you can afford. You'll also need adjustable control arms for the rear.

3. brannigan03

brannigan03 Member

Media:
    Camber bolts in the front and adjustable rear lateral links, spc and moog make them. They are year specific so make sure you order the correct ones, ‘08-‘10 or ‘11-‘14.

4. 4cefed

4cefed New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I am going to play Devils Advocate here

When I was pricing up doing my suspension by the time I had bought struts / shocks / springs and all the adjustable pieces for the suspension it was only a few hundred more ($900 vs $1200) to go full coil overs from BC or Megan, BC was cheaper (got from a guy in Great Britain)

I know one of the guys on here had a full set of BC coils available for a decent price, might be worth messaging him about it and see if they are still available.
    https://www.avengerforumz.com/threads/going-back-to-stock-selling-all-my-performance-parts.59953/

Ben :)