Dodge Avenger Forum banner

Radio Screen blank

42K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  KaiiIsMe 
#1 ·
Hey everyone I'm wondering if you all can help me once again with another problem. I went to pay my car yesterday got off the car everything was normal when I got back into the car my radio screen and all the buttons surrounding it are gone. Everything else works tho the lights on the shifter are on, the lights on the air system are fine and the guages by the speedomoters are on too.

Is this just a simple fuse gone out or something else? 8 / Any help is greatly appriciated thanks.

#2 ·
The radio does not power at all then ? If that is the case go to the pcm under the hood The fuse cavity number 20. its a 15 amp mini fuse.

Reactions: Sphinx
#3 ·
No it does not its just completely dark and blank. But a fuse is what it sounds like right?

#4 ·
That what it sounds like to me to... Good luck and keep us updated on what happens

Reactions: Sphinx
#5 ·
OK I fixed my radio problem. It was either 2 things.

1. The sensor that goes into my intake next to the PZEV pipe what completely outta the CAI. Guess it must of fell out so I stuck it back in.

2. My stepdad took fuse 20 out and he said no its fine then we took out fuse 21 and that one was fine to so I was gonna head to auto zone and have them check it out.

When I jumped into the car the radio turned on fine and everything seems normal. Thanks for your quick responses everyone.

#8 ·
Mine does it on occasion. I assume its a mygig? I also lose sound on occasion, until I switch from SAT back to FM and then it comes back. Usually when I get the blank screen, it comes back up as I'm driving. In earlier versions of the mygig software, this would happen as well, until I powered the car completely off, waited about 5 to 10 minutes or so, and then started it back up.

I just always assumed it to be flakey software.

#9 ·
Since the last time they updated my software, I have had virtually no problems. I have uConnect, but hardly use that as well... Maybe I will turn it back on, not sure.

#10 ·
Every great once in a while mine does that . It did it a bunch of times then I did the update ..

#11 ·
Radio went out

So I have a 2008 Dodge Avenger Sxt and I have a touch screen radio it came with car and two days ago the radio went out it wont turn on I checked fuse box and all the fuses are okay i dont know what else to do can anyone help me Im a female just trying to get my radio back on

#14 ·
Hey guys. Update. My radio still hasn't come on. It's been over a week and I've driven my car 3 times and the radio screen is blank. Fuse is ok. And there's power going to it. My girlfriend plugged her phone into the USB port and it started charging. Now I'm driving at night and the ring around the volume knob flashes. Any solutions? I could really use the help. I'm probably going to pull the dash apart and unplug the radio tomorrow and se what that does.

#15 ·
This may sound like a silly question but have you checked both fuses . There is one fuse for the radio ( fuse 20 15 amp light blue ) and there is also a fuse for the power amp feed if equipped with one ( fuse 19 20 amp yellow ) .

#18 ·
Update radio now dead as a dodo no cd, cannot eject disc, so are these mygig units that bad and should I go with a second hand older version ?? the price of these things is unbelievable! all fuses good so must be the unit itself or are we back to chrysler wiring nightmares?

#19 · (Edited)
The Dodge brothers want to know if you think a radio is that important? They did not have them at all when they first started building "cars". You are supposed to enjoy your outings with the exhilaration of speed and handling.

Sorry I can not be of much help, as I drive older more "conventional" MOPAR's. Good luck in arriving to a solution, and let us know what you end up doing ! Seems to be a large following of other concerned owners.

#20 ·
If you push the cd eject button does any thing happen?
I pushed the CD eject button and held it down, after two seconds the radio came back on and it works just fine now. (for the last two days, anyway). I read this entire thread and I started troubleshooting by checking the fuses (19, 20, and even 21) and they were all fine. Then I tried the (battery unhook / force learning) mode drain in order to put it into learning mode, that didn't work either. Then, on a whim I decided to try holding down the CD eject button (after trying many other buttons on the radio panel) and it worked.

I have an '08 Avenger SXT, just purchased last week. After three days driving the radio panel went blank. I decided to become a member of this forum to learn how to fix it. It's already helping me just being a member of this forum, thanks guys!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.