Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I thought the same thing......kind of like R/T blacked out on the hood like the Challenger back in the day? I thought that would look tight.

It couldnt be TOO hard to remove, but if you clear coat over it.....that will cause it to be very hard to take off.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well my intentions wouldn’t be to put it on just to remove it, but if a freak of nature happen and I need to remove it, I was wondering how difficult it could be… I guess more difficult than taking tint off a window. Adhesive :(I may wait a little while to see what else pops up.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Well my intentions wouldn’t be to put it on just to remove it, but if a freak of nature happen and I need to remove it, I was wondering how difficult it could be… I guess more difficult than taking tint off a window. Adhesive :(I may wait a little while to see what else pops up.
Why not send them an e-mail about the procedure to remove their decals if for some reason one did have to do it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's the reply I received from Robert at Revolution Motorsports. I think I may try it out, besides, I have a cousin that works in the bodyshop/paint @ a dodge dealer here in the area... ;-)

To: @hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Dodge Avenger Rally Stripe Graphic Kit 1
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:40:37 -0500

.ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P{padding-right:0px;padding-left:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-top:0px;}.ExternalClass EC_BODY.hmmessage{font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}
Hello,

It is just like taking tint off. Alittle adhesive remover and a hair drier is all you need. It is easy.

Thanks

Robert
Revolution Motorsports

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I wonder how easy this is to do? I would hate to make a mistake and have to spend another $200...

I also wonder just how translucent it is? Or say you have it on for a year and decide to remove it...are you going to end up with faded paint and have some permanant stripes?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hello!! This is Robert from Revolution Motorsports...the guys with the graphcis!!!!:D

We are talking right now on being a vendor here what do you think???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Robert/all other Avenger enthusiasts. I hadn't really thought of it until now but that is very nice looking. I have a silver RT so if anyone see's black side Avenger RT graphics or black rally stripes please give me a heads up.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello!! This is Robert from Revolution Motorsports...the guys with the graphcis!!!!:D

We are talking right now on being a vendor here what do you think???
I think that's a great idea.

Hi Robert/all other Avenger enthusiasts. I hadn't really thought of it until now but that is very nice looking. I have a silver RT so if anyone see's black side Avenger RT graphics or black rally stripes please give me a heads up.
The stripes come in different colors, I believe black was an option too. and I the Avenger graphic in on that link.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
There are a couple I like, but they aren't the rally stripe ones. The ones on the sides...forget what those are called though...but a little easier on my wallet. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I like these graphics as well I was thinking about going with the auto part stores and having it go all the way from the lower valence to the bottom of the rear valence, instead of buying a kit like this. Though this kit does help because everything is already cut to suit, it depends on your skill level and how willing you are to try to make this yourself.

Instructions:
I run a race car and we have to put this type of graphics for sponsors. The install is pretty easy especially just with these stripes. 1) Remove wax 2) Have your car very, very clean (similar to putting on tint). 3) Mix up a dish soap/ water solution in a spray bottle. 4) Place the decal on the solution w/ the hard backing removed. 5) Align the decal how you want it make sure that it is enough solution. 6) With a body puddy spreader smooth ALL bubbles out of the decal taking care to keep it where you want it (Work from the center out will help greatly) 7) After all water is pushed out from the decal wait approximately 5-10 mins. 8) Slowly and carefully remove the tack paper from the decal, if it starts to lift the decal use the spreader from step 6 and hold the decal down and remove. Using the hair dryer to set one corner will help ensure it stays down (do not get it too hot or you can stretch the decal).
This procedure really isn't as hard as it sounds. The decal will stay in place even in hot summer months (I run in 100+ degree weather at close to 130mph and have never had a decal lift or pull off). Vinyl decals are a lot like vendor stickers you see on peoples cars.
Shoud you hate the stripes at any point in time use a hair dryer and heat the decal up and take your finger nail and peel it up (work slowly and keep the decal pretty hot to aid in the process and to make it easier on the finish of your car). You will probably have to buff the car to get rid of the lines of where the decals were, but they can be removed.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the information. I think if there is a how to, or a learning thread, this information would be great for it. I will defiantly give vinyl a try when I start moding my ride. +1 to my christmas list.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone.

I was into buying this stripe kit for my r/t. Mine is black and i was wondering if any one has pictures of a black avenger with the white,red or blue stripe kit.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
My dads mustang had a decal like this on the hood, and down the sides, and his is peeling really bad now. Not on the edges, but actually on the decal. I think his had a clear coat over it, but when it got chipped up, that is when it started to peel.

I decal this large should be thought about for a while before installing. Like said, it is a commitment. Yeah, you could remove it, but if you put a clear coat on it, it may not be removable. Just keep that in mind.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I think the rally graphic kit should go all the way down on the fron bumper and rear bumper, on my car if i got it i would get the kit in flat blk, that would look really agressive..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts