Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time poster here,

so I’ve been hearing a rapid clicking noise coming from the dash area every time I go to open my car door and it happens before I even stick the keys in. I have no problem starting it and i have noticed A/C hasn’t been outputting good heat even after a while driving.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Sounds like a bad blend door actuator.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been getting that sound coming from my dash too but only when I turn my air or heat on. Does any1 know what the fix for that is please?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been getting that sound coming from my dash too but only when I turn my air or heat on. Does any1 know what the fix for that is please?

·
Registered
2013 Avenger SE V6
4 Posts
sorry being late to the game, I had similar issue with my 2013 SE. Air flow actuator. common problem with these cars. There are 3 of these dogs under your dash, any one can fail and you get that lovely clicking noise. You can go on Youtube and see several videos and sounds to see if this is what your hearing. Dealer wanted $400 to replace. I ordered my part online < $30 and several hours later and several cuts was able to complete it myself. hopefully you have tiny hands and a flexible back to reach under the dash to get to those things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts