Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Dodge Avenger 2.7 SXT 6Speed Autostick
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello community

Hey guys it’s the GermanAvi again. We were thinking about a delete of the big suitcase muffler, I think you call this big heavy box like that, on our 2.7 SXT.
the car is that dang quite that I might possibly run someone over. What I think is… just a bit louder and also the dual outlet right and left as those gorgeous R/T models you own in the USA or Canada?!?
We only get the crappy right hand outlet with absolutely no sound. It’s like driving an electric car. Anything is illegal in Germany as you might probably know. Drive as fast as you can on most parts of the Autobahn but 🤫. So as I mentioned before. Forget German laws. Let’s build it. Already ordered two 90 degree tubes with 2.25 inches. Now I want to do a split with a t pipe and connect it to the mid box. I can’t weld it, because in Germany you have to visit the” TÜV “ every 2 years for technical inspection. Do you think it is ok only to use tube connectors or what ever the name for those things is? I have to remove it every two years as they would never let me pass thru this. And another important thing…
What diameter do you think, I should use for the tips. Which form or size.
i would be thankful for your thoughts about all that. Fell free to comment. Or perhaps some of your experience of a muffler delete with the V6.

God bless you all.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
There are a couple of options for you. I have the Corsa system that bolts together with band clamps. There is also the Flowmaster system but it would be a fair bit louder. I replaced my factory system with the Corsa in 2.5 hours on my garage floor. Both of these systems are 2.5" so you would need a small adapter from 2.25" to 2.5" diameter. You could dismantle your system and install the new one each time without any welding involved. There a several threads on the forum regarding exhaust systems if you do a search. There is nothing available for the 2.7 specifically. There are also videos of Avengers with the various systems installed on youtube.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello intrepid
First things first. Thank you very much for answering. The biggest problem is in fact that there is really nothing on the German market. None of the big brands from the US or Canada or the Mexican are present here in Germany. And… we’ve got no muffler shops or anything equal to this in Germany. Ok. We’ve got smaller car repair shops as I think there are tons of them spread all over the world. But nobody is specialized in mufflers. So “DIY” is the way to go. Yes Youtube… but… the 2.7 displacement is rare. And the 4 videos around it… naaah… more crappy. The 2.4 tons of. The 3.5 ok. The 3.6 pentastar wow. Our 2.7 V6…. Silence…
I also thought about ordering a complete setup. But they want around 800 US dollars for the piece itself and another 500-800 for shipping to Germany. Plus taxes.
I think I do not have to explain why this isn’t a reason. Also these systems are not permitted, cause of the German pollution laws (noise) and whatever environmental reasons.
It is what it is. I’m trying the DIY method as it will work out the best. Do you think I’m getting to loud with removing the muffler. Let me know dear intrepid.
And please be blessed

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Your noise laws seem to be quite strict. I suspect that the muffler delete will be too loud.The 3.5 and 3.6 videos will give you a good idea. Definitely don't get rid of the small resonator at the front, you will have to also deal with an irritating droning sound at certain rpms. I know the prices are quite high but my Corsa system is quite mild until you really accelerate hard. There are also some single in/dual out mufflers that might work for you if you have access to various adapter pipes.

Reactions: InspectahACE

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh ok. Thank you.
brilliant idea. I believe there could be some sort of no name brands which copied those Magna flow boxes. Perhaps I get me one of these. I will give it a try. Ok, means, I’ll search the web for it.
intrepid you’re great.
Thanks again
God bless you

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello inspectahACE
thanks for answering
But the Problem is the price. 1500 Dollars plus shipping and taxes make around 3000 US-Dollar.
Can not afford that.
again thank you very much for answering
God bless you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts