Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I just went to replace the rear rotors and pads on my 2012 Avenger R/T. Every aftermarket supplier (including EBC) lists it as an 11.5" rear rotor. What I found on the car are the smaller 10.5" rotor. One only finds a listing for the smaller rotor in aftermarket if you select the base model with the 4 banger. I have wasted a ton o' time on the phone with Dodge customer support only to be told by their engineering group that the reason for the craptastic 10.5" rotor and tiny pads is because of the BRFS option that supplies the 4 wheel anti-lock brake system. Has anyone else had this experience? My last ride was a Stratus R/T and the brakes were noticeably better than the lackluster performance I get out of this one. Any input would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks....

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Welcome to the forum. All Venges except the all wheel drive ones came with 10.3" rear rotors. The all wheel drive models had the 11.9" rear rotors. All of the front rotors are the same. I installed slotted and drilled rotors with ceramic pads and they work great.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome to the forum. All Venges except the all wheel drive ones came with 10.3" rear rotors. The all wheel drive models had the 11.9" rear rotors. All of the front rotors are the same. I installed slotted and drilled rotors with ceramic pads and they work great.
Thanks Intrepid!!
I needed to know the size to order rotors for Our '11 Heat...REALLY appreciate the info!!!
Doc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts