Dodge Avenger Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
I do have an answer.

Sub frame alignment. Not everyone can do it, not everyone knows how to check it. I have a guy at a local Firestone who noticed it. This was after 2 dealerships and a body shop told me everything was perfect.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
I do have an answer.

Sub frame alignment. Not everyone can do it, not everyone knows how to check it. I have a guy at a local Firestone who noticed it. This was after 2 dealerships and a body shop told me everything was perfect.
Thanks for sharing, good to hear from you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the lifetime alignment plan from Firestone so this is a good news to know!!

Is that a separate service from their normal alignment, or do they do that in the alignment service? Do I need to ask them specifically to check?

I don't have the tire problems, but at 175k miles if it hasn't been checked I want it done!!! haha

·
Premium Member
6,311 Posts
I have the lifetime alignment plan from Firestone so this is a good news to know!!

Is that a separate service from their normal alignment, or do they do that in the alignment service? Do I need to ask them specifically to check?

I don't have the tire problems, but at 175k miles if it hasn't been checked I want it done!!! haha
If the rear subframe is out of align( as Schurick describes), a "down and dirty" check you can do would be to measure distances from rear tires to wheel arch's (front and rear) and compare measurements with the other side. If they vary noticeably, then yes this would be cause to investigate further.
But no, this repair would be more of a good body shop with frame repair/straightening capability than a place that does normal 4 wheel alignment. As this problem is a manufacturing assembly problem OR the car was in an accident and unibody/subframe unit is twisted.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts