Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2012 Dodge Avenger R/T. I apologize if this should be in a different forum section.

So I would say about 2-3 days ago I noticed my check engine light come on, then the next day I tried to remote start my car and got the Rem. Start Disable Sys Fault error message. When I remote start it, it will turn on for a few seconds then it will shut off. See the attached image.

Any clue to what this is or what it means or how to fix it?

I recently got gas, so I am not sure if something in the gas screwed with a sensor? I always put Shell 93 V-Power in my car. I have had it since it was new.

Last oil change was about 2,000 miles ago.

The temperature was not that low when I noticed the check engine light to come on and even when trying to remote start it, the temperature was between 32F and 50F when the issue is happening.

The photo is when my car is off and I have about half a tank left, I was thinking about topping it off and seeing if the problem will solve itself.

I was ran the diagnostics test (by turning the key from Acc to On 3 times) and the dashes came up and just said done with no error code.

Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
I believe the remote start won't work(keep running) if the cel is on(any system fault). The cel may have come on as a minor glitch. Try resetting with an OBD reader or disconnect the ground for a few minutes.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The remote start feature will "NOT" continue to run if the Check Engine light is on, the Low Fuel light is on, or any doors/trunklid/hood are open

·
Premium Member
6,758 Posts
I would call that a pretty good safety feature! and if you like using the remote start, it kind of makes you keep up with vehicle care and maintenance!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I believe I have fixed the problem. I just disconnected the battery for a few hours, then reconnected it and the check engine light has gone away. The car will remote start fine now.

I also added fuel injection cleaner to my gas, not sure if that has helped as well or now.

But still running good, thanks guys.

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
Great news! It was probably just a glitch that triggered the cel and disabled your remote start.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts