Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone hope all of you are doing great. I have a 2012 Dodge Avenger, does anyone know where I can find a diagram showing the colors for the wiring for the ignitions, starter and things of that nature. I am trying to install a push to start and remote start/alarm system. I appreciate all help in advance.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Reactions: Dodgerpreneuer

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Intrepid on time like always man. You’re like that friend or mentor that everybody wants to have. You always have our back and are very informative. I should’ve thought about this before but I’m actually 19 so I’m still learning about a lot of stuff. Thanks man. A lot.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Glad to help, thanks for the kind words:cool:

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
MODEL YEAR(S)
AVENGER 2008 -
KEY T-HARNESS IMMOBILIZER
N/A N/A Transponder Anti-theft requires 791 and extra ignition key
PART COLOR LOCATION
12 VOLT CONSTANT RED / TAN (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
STARTER N/A SEE NOTE *
STARTER 2 N/A N/A
IGNITION 1 PINK (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
IGNITION 2 N/A N/A
IGNITION 3 N/A N/A
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 1 N/A N/A
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 2 N/A N/A
KEYSENSE N/A N/A
PARKING LIGHTS ( - ) N/A N/A
PARKING LIGHTS ( + ) WHITE/ PURPLE (+) LOW IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL
POWER LOCK LIGHT GREEN/ PURPLE OR LIGHT GREEN/ DARK GREEN (-) SEE NOTE ** SEE DIAGRAM
POWER UNLOCK SAME AS LOCK WIRE SEE DIAGRAM
DOOR TRIGGER PURPLE (-) IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL
DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION YELLOW/WHITE (+) IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL
TRUNK RELEASE LIGHT GREEN / WHITE (-) REQUIRES #775 RELAY AT RELEASE SWITCH
SLIDING POWER DOOR N/A N/A
HORN DARK GREEN/ PURPLE (-) AT STEERING COLUMN HARNESS
TACH NOT BROWN / DARK BLUE OR BROWN / YELLOW AT IGNITION COIL
WAIT TO START LIGHT N/A N/A
BRAKE DARK GREEN / WHITE (+) AT SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL
FACTORY ALARM DISARM DISARMS WITH FACTORY REMOTE ONLY!!
ANTI-THEFT TRANSPONDER ANTI-THEFT TRANSPONDER @ IGNITION SWITCH TUMBLER
EXTRA INFORMATION
NOTE * THIS VEHICLE USES A SPECIAL IGNITION AND ANTI-THEFT THAT REQUIRES A BYPASS. THE PKU-CH2X DOES THE IGNITION AND IS ALSO A KEYLESS BYPASS FOR THE ANTI-THEFT. NOTE ** THIS VEHICLE USES A SINGLE WIRE DOORLOCKING SYSTEM THAT REQUIRES EXTRA PARTS FOR KEYLESS ENTRY. SEE DIAGRAM

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks bad venge I meant to say thanks but I’ve been busy working on it on my off days I really appreciate that. Where did you find that info if I may ask. Thanks to you guys I’ve gotten a lot accomplished. Here’s a pic of some of the work the radio, I installed new headlight assemblies and also fog lights, a spoiler, speakers, subwoofer, rock lights, interior led lights that react to music, white led dome and map lights, seat covers, mopar door sills, a halo switch into my dash, ghost lights for my door, a new custom painted exhaust, and custom engine cover, I got rims and vinyl wrapped them all I have left to do now is paint the brake calipers and drums a little more vinyl wrap and the push to start and remote start. Then I’m done and I’ll be working on someone else’s car. People liked my work so much they want my service.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Nice job, love the rims :cool:

Reactions: Dodgerpreneuer

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks man I couldn’t have done it without you. Here’s a pic of the ghost lights and what they looked like before I wrapped the rims.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Nice.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey intrepid I can see that you’re pretty experienced with this vehicle so do you have any info that I should know or want to be aware of before I begin the push to start/ remote start system installation? For example when I got ready to change the dash lights you saved me a lot of time by telling me they were hard wired. Any info is appreciated. I swear you should be paid for what you do. You may think I’m exaggerating but really it’s highly appreciated. There’s forums like this that exist I use for many different vehicles and people don’t even respond. You on the other hand you help everyone that you can. You’re very informative hope someone from Dodge notices and sends you a contract for a couple thousand.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well thanks, I wouldn't say no :) Just kidding, glad to help if I can and when I can.
I read a little about the subject on the Charger forum and it sounds complicated. Amazon has kits for sale that might work if you want to have a look:

Thats one of the kits I bought I was also looking at the flash logic kits but they only have the remote starter plug and play harness that works with the factory harness. I didnt find any info on push to start and in order to order anything from the company you have to have a dealers license. Same with some of the vinyl wrap 🥴. So... yeah I use Amazon and eBay. I’m thinking about using this and finding a way to incorporate push to start in while keeping the immobilizer feature and microwave alarm system, window up/down feature etc. Flashlogic Plug-N-Play Remote Start for CHRYSLER DODGE JEEP RAM FLRSCH5 NEW | eBay

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Cool, hope it all works out for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts