Dodge Avenger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
1st Kill) late 80's Honda CRX, with a few mods. I gave them a headstart by about 15 ft and reached 60mph (cops patrol that road too much to go any higher) before they did and had them by about 30ft. My car is an 2.7L V6 SXT. For those that have not played with theirs yet, if you want to get them to really move off the line keep the transmission under a hard load in Drive and it will pull until the redline. Be sure to break the car in first and have everything hot (I had 11,000 mi when I ran it).

·
Registered
412 Posts
awesome!!!! I love knowing my 2.7L SXT can do things like that.
I'm gonna let mine get some miles on it before I start playing around.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I'm finally over the 5k mark and feel it's pretty well broken in. I was driving to lunch an older (early 2000's maybe?) honda civic pulled up besides me at a red light going up a hill. When the light turned green, I heard him rev it and try to accelerate fast..I could hear the engine whining and him shifting through gears. By the time the front of my car was at the back door of his car, i realized what he was doing as I was just enjoying listening to some hair metal on sirius radio and punched it. Needless to say by the time he hit 5th gear i was already in front of him and he leaving him behind. He changed lanes and got behind me. 2 lights later, turns out he turned into the same shopping complex with several restaurants and businesses as I did. after i got my tasty sub, and was leaving the parking lot i saw his car sitting there complete with an angry hornet muffler. I guess the hornets weren't angry enough that day.

- Dan M

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
I'm finally over the 5k mark and feel it's pretty well broken in. I was driving to lunch an older (early 2000's maybe?) honda civic pulled up besides me at a red light going up a hill. When the light turned green, I heard him rev it and try to accelerate fast..I could hear the engine whining and him shifting through gears. By the time the front of my car was at the back door of his car, i realized what he was doing as I was just enjoying listening to some hair metal on sirius radio and punched it. Needless to say by the time he hit 5th gear i was already in front of him and he leaving him behind. He changed lanes and got behind me. 2 lights later, turns out he turned into the same shopping complex with several restaurants and businesses as I did. after i got my tasty sub, and was leaving the parking lot i saw his car sitting there complete with an angry hornet muffler. I guess the hornets weren't angry enough that day.

- Dan M
Good one, some day those ricer boys with the big fart cans, will learn. I just wonder when.

·
Registered
47 Posts
my buddys honda del sol, not sure what year, 98? maybe? he said that his car was way faster than my R/T.... we go to the long stretch of deserted road, im at 160Kmh.... and he must have still been at like 100.... needless to say, he respects my car now.. hahaha

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Well I beat up on a oldsmobile intrigue the other day. lol. The funny part was I really wasn't trying to race, but apparantly he thought I was. Horrible shifting by myself and I still walked away from him..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Beat a Mustang GT... I wanna say it was an '04.
It was fun... haha... It was close but I had him by a few inches.
Would of been a better race if he "didn't have to turn at a light" lol
he was scared...

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Just wait untill you run into the almighty Mustang boys. They think their stang's are the only real car out there. You should see their faces when you beat them. The V6 stang's you can beat all day long. An unmodded earily to late 90's V8 stang, you can beat also. If you get a GT 4.6L V8 of todays make. Just keep laughing at them, you'll get them so mad, that when they hit the gas all they do is tire spin and your gone. By the time they get their tire spin under control, its to late.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Having owned an '01 Mustang GT with an automatic no less and an '03 Mach 1 w/5 speed I think I'm qualified to say, if you beat a late model GT (99+) either the other guy wasn't racing, flat out can't drive, or its a V6 dressed up to look like a GT hehe.

Before the flaming starts I'd like to say for the record, I think the Avenger is a great car. I love my R/T, so please don't think I'm knocking it.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Everyone has a right to their voice what they like to within the rules. I to have owned a Mustang 350 GT. Nice car but nothing to wright home about, compared to the 69 Charger 440 R/T. Also reread my post as you seem to have missread it. I have beaten a late model V8 stang with my Avenger R/T with mod's, due to the driver not being able to control his wheel spin. These Avengers are quick, not fast, but quick. If you learn how to drive it, you will amaze a few people. I know alot of people that have taken down the stang with the SRT6 and a non SRT6 Crossfire. Having drove the Crossfire before (I have bought one) I can say that the Avenger is faster off the line. This is one area that the mustang can not have taken away from it. They are fast off the line, but there top end is crap. This is why the Hemi is god on the strip. Before my taking intrest in cars, I drag raced a modded Z1000 that did 145mph in the 1/4 and 160 in the mile back in the late 70's and earily 80's. So I do know what speed and raceing is. The problem with the stang was trying to keep it running. Never had a problem with any of the Dodge's or my Chevy Nova SS. I'll still take them any day over a Mustang. I'll race any car, if I lose than I lose.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
I'll race any car, if I lose than I lose.
That is what a real man says right there. It doesn't matter how you race, but how do you take the loss. A real man will congratulate the victor, and move on. I see a lot of people that will actually hold grudges if they loose a race.

Well said regandon, well said!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Everyone has a right to their voice what they like to within the rules. I to have owned a Mustang 350 GT. Nice car but nothing to wright home about, compared to the 69 Charger 440 R/T. Also reread my post as you seem to have missread it. I have beaten a late model V8 stang with my Avenger R/T with mod's, due to the driver not being able to control his wheel spin. These Avengers are quick, not fast, but quick. If you learn how to drive it, you will amaze a few people. I know alot of people that have taken down the stang with the SRT6 and a non SRT6 Crossfire. Having drove the Crossfire before (I have bought one) I can say that the Avenger is faster off the line. This is one area that the mustang can not have taken away from it. They are fast off the line, but there top end is crap. This is why the Hemi is god on the strip. Before my taking intrest in cars, I drag raced a modded Z1000 that did 145mph in the 1/4 and 160 in the mile back in the late 70's and earily 80's. So I do know what speed and raceing is. The problem with the stang was trying to keep it running. Never had a problem with any of the Dodge's or my Chevy Nova SS. I'll still take them any day over a Mustang. I'll race any car, if I lose than I lose.
Not sure why you assumed my post was directed at you but, No I did not misread your post and much like you said everyone has a right to their voice. I was simply stating my experience with the car that was the current topic of discussion.

That said perhaps I should state for the record that I am not a Mustang or any other type of fan boy Mopar included. I've owned close to a hundred cars at this point in my life and have plenty of opinions good and bad about everyone of them. Hell, my first car was a '69 Dart with a 383/3 on the tree. :D :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
If you have owned a 383 Dart, than man you'r alright in my book. I did not think you were a fan boy. This site is starting to grow and trolls will start showing up. I just wanted to make sure that was not happening here... Man its good to have another old timer here that knows what real NA power was.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.