Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 3.6L Avenger and I'm looking to chop the resonator off the exhaust. I've been doing my research and the videos i've watched online make it seem like a no brainer to do it but before I pull the trigger I need to ask you guys a couple of things that I haven't found the answers for.

Is there a bad drone?

Does it void the warrenty?

Any feedback is appreciated!

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Yes there will be a drone(happened to me) and no it will not void your warranty. The exhaust system itself will no longer be covered. You best bet is to get rid of that huge 'suitcase' muffler and replace it with a good flow through type(1 in, 2 out). You can even go straight pipes after the resonator through a y-pipe and dual out. That depends on how loud you want to get. I installed the Corsa performace stainless exhaust and just love it. It just purrs when you're driving along but all hell breaks loose at WOT. There are videos on the forum and YouTube to help you choose what you like.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Yes there will be a drone(happened to me) and no it will not void your warranty. The exhaust system itself will no longer be covered. You best bet is to get rid of that huge 'suitcase' muffler and replace it with a good flow through type(1 in, 2 out). You can even go straight pipes after the resonator through a y-pipe and dual out. That depends on how loud you want to get. I installed the Corsa performace stainless exhaust and just love it. It just purrs when you're driving along but all hell breaks loose at WOT. There are videos on the forum and YouTube to help you choose what you like.
I replaced my resonator with a straight pipe and it sounds great. Really don't notice a drone at all. I have a SRI on Also and it sounds deep, throaty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also just recently put in a exhaust cutout just before the straight pipe/resonator and it sounds awesome, well very loud and I applied an extension to it to direct exhaust tone and vibration away from undercarriage. It can be capped to be put back to normal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I didn't really like what I heard from the resonator deletes. But at the same time just doing the mufflers wast enough. So I went with a higher flow resonator.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was wondering how it would sound with that big suitcase muffler replaced with straight pipe???
I thought if I did that and then put a glass pack in place of resonator, it may sound good.

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
My sons Neon has no O.E. resonator with muffler replaced with a cylindrical "cherry bomb" muffler.It is a NICE sound until you have to accelerate up hills and yet maintain LEGAL speeds. Then the noise to me is overpowering. It is a matter of what you are willing to accept, as with all "mods" there are trade offs under certain conditions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts