Dodge Avenger Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
now sure if it may be the fuel pump causing this but if it is , then I would think driving it when it does stay on for 100+ miles the car would shut off

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
Going to need a fuller report of how long and what symptoms the car has had, along with a try at any codes now found. Another common trouble spot is the crank position sensor that does not always throw a code for it and will cause similar engine running problems you have already described. Sight and sound unheard makes it hard to get specific with what to suggest for you to do.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
This just started about 2 weeks ago , one day I just took it for a drive and that’s when it started , when the engine dies my clock also resets , ima going to try to get a video of what it’s doing

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I just saw that the intake runner valve is not there like at all and the is no wiring for one either , is this normal on a 2010 2.4L ?

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
YES, the IMTC system was used in the 08 - 09 and depending on build date, some consider the 10 model, be glad if you don't have it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Okay , got some new codes this morning
-P0123 (High input switch A)
-P0222 (Low input sensor B)

which both are associated with the throttle body
Edit 1: also thank you for being patient with me

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
One thing to do as you said the radio resets is to remove the battery and clean all battery connections. The battery clamp has a cable attatched to it so you need to take this apart and clean to bare metal and when you go to re-assemble make sure to apply dielectric grease. then go up to the common jumping posts and remove and clean all cable and the posts as well. Once again apply dielectric grease when re-assembling. Then re-install the battery applying dielectric grease to the posts and try to run. Be sure to check battery voltage. Should be around 12.7vdc.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I will do this and I’ll upload a video of what exactly is happening so that maybe one of y’all has run into something like this.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
So ive gotten tired of messing with it , i took it in for a proper Diag , from what i was told it seems that the PCM is no longer good and must be replaced.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts