Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wouldnt you know it. my car is only a couple weeks old and I already have a rock chip. It is in the passenger side front door.. I asked the dealer if they could take care of it.. They just dabbed a little paint in.. Still VERY noticable.. I found a couple things online to fix chips... Any advise?????

·
Registered
565 Posts
The dealership I bought my car from offers a paint protection agreement. $699.

They already fixed a scratch on the hood for me.

- Dan m

·
Registered
412 Posts
Many times the dealership I work at has taken care of things like that for customers who have just bought their car within a month. I call it customer care. This is a small dealership and it is geared towards the customer more than the bigger ones seem to be.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
according to body-man buddy, a clear coat can't really be fixed unless you do the whole panel, just covered....personally i have a little 1/2" door ding & the dealer recomended magic marker
Magic marker? Not worth the hassle...first rain or wash and your doing it all over again.

Personally I try my hardest to keep rocks and other cars away from mine. Once you get that first one then its game on. So I freeze in the winter parking way out for about a year or so...then I get a ding and I'll park close.

If I have to park between 2 cars, I make it the nicest 2 I can find. And if I have to park closer to one than the other its the nicest one. I figure they don't want to ding up their car either! lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.