Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking to put some racing seats in my 2009 avenger, but have a quick question.

Bracket compatability.. will the brackets for the 1995-2000 years work on the 2009 avenger? If not is there a suggestion on what year/model I should look for that is compatible?

I have seen the thread where a nice write up of installing racing seats.. but it's in the pre-2007 models forum. So I'm not sure if the bracket mentioned is compatible with my year.

**Update - took a long while but i finally got a hold of someone (and who had access to the measurements of the bracket) who sells the 95-00 avenger bracket. We confirmed the measurements and discovered it would not work. Was also told the 2g eclipse 95-99 mentioned in the pre-2007 model racing seat thread wouldn't work either.

So I'm seeking a custom made bracket locally. Figured I would share what I found in case anyone has the same question.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Still trying to hunt down a bracket, which is proving to be as difficult as catching a jackalope lol

Does anyone know if any other models/years (outside of direct swap compostable) that share bolt patterns like the '09 avenger?

Or does anyone know of a place online that can make the bracket for the '09 avenger?

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
You might have to look for a sheet metal/ machine shop in your area to get some custom made.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You might have to look for a sheet metal/ machine shop in your area to get some custom made.
First thing I tried. Being a smaller rural area we only have a few. The only one that might is booked well into next year.

That's why I thought someone out here might know of another place/business online that does I could possibly contact.

·
Registered
6,009 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks for the summit racing suggestion. I had looked through the site (and others) previously and didn't see anything that looked like it would work. I will have to take another look and see if something there might be close enough to do so.

I did get the seat ordered recently (the place I bought the seat from does not have a bracket for the car). It is a spec-D bucket seat (sliders are included, but are removeable).

Edit - no luck with the summit racing site. Called them and corbeau, both confirmed they don't have anything for the '09 avenger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts