Dodge Avenger Forum banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
We forgive you! You do deserve SOME kind of VACATION to do other things as time and money allow! You DO need to ENJOY some of the summer!

·
Unfinished Project Man
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I started porting the lower intake runners. Making sure there are no hard edges, and smoothing everything out.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I also put painters tap over the runner holes on the upper manifold, and cut out the tape over the holes.
image.jpeg

I did this so I can see how much material I would need to remove to make the ports match.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
AD, you need a break. If not "Disney", is there a Six Flags nearby? Remember you took summer courses, Fall semester starts SOON! BUT love the work you are posting on both aspects, great shots!

·
Unfinished Project Man
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Yeah there's a sixflags down in Jackson NJ. I'm going to do more work on this before I start full work on the new spoiler.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
You can hurry up and finish that spoiler project any day now.... lol

Sorry I'm just very impatient!

·
Unfinished Project Man
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Unfortunately Tyrone, the spoiler is not gonna be finished for a while.
I took my stock spoiler off to do some measuring. I put tape pieces at 4.25" from the rear curve of the lid to show where the spoiler would sit. If I were to cut and section the Challenger spoiler I have it would not cover the front bolt hole on the trunk lid.
image.jpeg

So my dad and I talked a bit and came up with the idea of using foam insulating sheets to cut, carve and design my own spoiler that would fit to the trunk the way I want it to with out running into problems cutting and section into the plastic Challenger spoiler.

So I went out to Homdepot bought some 2x2 pink panther insulating sheets and some spray adhesive. Now I will be able to shape it how I want, the I can make a mold. And the a final part. Bit the final fiberglass part is still a long ways away.

Once I get this train going with the spoiler I am going to make a designated thread. I want some work done on it before I start posting.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Hmm interesting find!

Also could you use some filler to fill in that hole on the trunk and put some paint over?

·
Unfinished Project Man
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I did see a post when searching the Internet of a guy with a Civic SI. He removed his stock spoiler and filled the holes in with rubber plugs he bought at Ace Hardware. He then painted and sealed them from the back with a silicone sealant.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I would like to keep the new spoiler close to the Challenger in dimensions, because I feel if I made the new spoiler wider to cover the front holes it will look silly and oddly proportioned. And I don't want to do any major body work to the trunk, to have it properly filled and painted will cost way to much for me.

Attachments

·
Unfinished Project Man
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I really need to finish my projects first before thinking of new ones!

This post is only a teaser of a project/engine mod I have in the works.

Since turbos and super chargers are not in view as an inexpensive power mod, we don't really have options for the 3.6 to up torque and power. Through doing research for my porting manifold project I came across mods done for the GM LFX 3.6l.
image.jpeg

What I found was an intake manifold spacer, not a throttle body spacer but one that increases the l length of the runners.
What i know is that the longer the runners we the more low end torque with sacrificing top end power (I may be wrong).

So here I go.

I want to do something similar to the Jackfab 3.6l spacer. Making a 3/4 inch spacer.
image.jpeg

This is me mapping out the bolt holes to the lower intake manifold because the jeeps manifold uses different holes than our manifold.
Speaking of jeep manifold ;)
image.jpeg

Found a good deal on eBay for the manifold couldn't pass it up. More on that future project in the future!
image.jpeg

I have already been drafting it out on paper using skills and techniques learned at school and have started putting it into a 3D CAD program.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Here is a proof of concept to see how a template would look hen cut out of wood.

I am hoping to Dyno my car to get baselines before I go testing this, if it doesn't get that far I still will get it dynoed this spring. Without K&N, with K&N, and with K&N and manifold spacer.

But that won't happen unless I get R&D done. Is this something you guys might be interested in if R&D goes well? Price and availability unknown for now because I don't know if it is a feasible project for a college student to produce. I can do prototypes and stuff but manufacturing is the issue.

Well I am on vacation now and just wanted to post something up. Happy Modding!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
You have my attention haha.

Also what would the time be on an install for these?

·
Unfinished Project Man
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Sorry Tyrone just got back from Texas. Instal would be as fast as you can unbolt your upper manifold and change out the screws for longer ones then place spacer in between. I trying to design the spacer runner ports to match the stock manifolds so if you have a ported manifold some sanding may need to me done. I am actually emailing Jason for Jacfab (the designer of the spacer I am getting inspiration from) right now to ask some questions about his R&D.

·
Unfinished Project Man
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Wow I haven't updated this thread in over a year. Yikes.

Well time to do just that. I am now working on a V1 prototype intake manifold spacer similar to jacfabs shown above. All my CAD drawings were accurate for the bolt holes. Now on to cutting out the runners.
IMG_6720.JPG
IMG_6721.JPG

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
Wow! 2 novels with new installments being posted now, maybe one of them will have a conclusion SOON! Hang in there and don't come down with "writer's block" again and leave us all "hanging" again! Loving reading the newest "chapters"!

61 - 80 of 86 Posts