Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a few months in the making but I figured I should eventually post this.

Over the summer I sold my avenger after over 2 years of ownership. I loved the car but a few issues didn't make it a good fit. The problems with the heater core made it a bad match for the frequent -30*C winters. The transmission, while I never had any problems with mine, it is widely known to be a hindrance for anyone craving higher HP. The lack of aftermarket parts availability and the lack of companies caring was rough. Overall not a good fit, I have a video of it being driven away by the new owner.

Hate to see her go, but love to watch her drive away.

Here's a picture of her and her replacement in the same spot 1 year apart.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

If Anyone is interested I'll attach some info about her replacement below:

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Window Roll By

This is all just a really long-winded way to say goodbye to you all. You all have been a great help over the last few years (lookin at you, Intrepid and 5Rebel9). I will probably check back in occasionally and the Avenger platform will always hold a special place in my heart, I will always want to Honda k-swap an Avenger, but at this stage of my life throwing money at an Avenger doesn't make sense, I would rather throw money at an already well known and supported platform. I already have a second 700hp short block for my new car to go into the car fall of 2023.

Bye

·
Registered
Dodge Avenger 2.7 SXT 6Speed Autostick
126 Posts
Bye Blitzer.
But as it was for us… not a goodbye forever.
As we also not owning our baby anymore we’ll stay in touch with this great community. Kinda family.
God bless you all.

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
It's been a real pleasure Bitzer12. Sorry to hear about the Avenger but understood. Enjoy your new ride, hope it serves you well:cool: Don't be a stranger!

·
Premium Member
7,454 Posts
Cars are just what they are ... CARS. Yes we all take a liking to a particular brand/model and it hurts to leave them. BUT we eventually "move on".
Glad I could be of help/encouragement to all here.
MY coupe is still awaiting pickup for the boneyard, and am pretty happy with my change from Dodge/Chry minivans to my Buick Lucerne while the wife and son are enjoying greatly their '14 and '11 Dodge Journeys.
Due to same engine/platform I've hung around here, just not quite so "active",
Good luck and happy motoring to you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts