Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all. I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, but I'm wondering if there are any simple upgrades to be done to a 2013 3.6l v6 dodge avenger. I believe it's the SXT from a VIN decoder I've previously found, but I'm honestly not 100% sure. Again, I'm sorry if this has been asked many times, but I'm just trying to get a firm grasp on the situation in regards to my specific engine along with updated information. Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey all. I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, but I'm wondering if there are any simple upgrades to be done to a 2013 3.6l v6 dodge avenger. I believe it's the SXT from a VIN decoder I've previously found, but I'm honestly not 100% sure. Thanks for your time.
First off, welcome to the forum, and to answer your question, in short, no, in long, there are CAI and exhausts available, but as far as I know, there have been zero forum members to be able to add a significant amount of power to any avenger. A bunch of people will try to convince you there are a bunch of products to help but nobody has been able to provide any statistical evidence of any significant added horsepower, just a bunch of "it feels faster" and some marginal 1-2% performance gains.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First off, welcome to the forum, and to answer your question, in short, no, in long, there are CAI and exhausts available, but as far as I know, there have been zero forum members to be able to add a significant amount of power to any avenger. A bunch of people will try to convince you there are a bunch of products to help but nobody has been able to provide any statistical evidence of any significant added horsepower, just a bunch of "it feels faster" and some marginal 1-2% performance gains.
Ah! That really is a shame. Thank you for the info.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum! Great to have you with us. You can get in touch with FCA at the link posted in the attached thread to find out exactly what options came with your car:
There are a number of performance options that are available to really wake up your 3.6 if you search the forum. I added a Corsa exhaust, CAI, Diablo tuner with a custom tune which made an incredible difference. I was able to drop a full second off of my 0-60 time(5.78) which is very respectable compared to many performance cars. You can add an intake resonator delete from RPM and the newer style lower intake manifold with larger ports from FCA. Run high octane fuel(93+) and a good set of sticky tires(you'll need them) and you'll notice a huge improvement. Have fun!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all. I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, but I'm wondering if there are any simple upgrades to be done to a 2013 3.6l v6 dodge avenger. I believe it's the SXT from a VIN decoder I've previously found, but I'm honestly not 100% sure. Again, I'm sorry if this has been asked many times, but I'm just trying to get a firm grasp on the situation in regards to my specific engine along with updated information. Thanks.
I have done a sound system in mine, best car because of the 6x9 and easy to remove/replace radio. Good space for subwoofer. Other than that slap a spoiler on it and change headlights to led and she will look sharp

·
Registered
2008 Dodge Avenger R/T
28 Posts
Honestly, for me Ive just slowly been adding to the outside. New wheels, spoiler, decals etc. The only modification id do in the engine would be the air intake. I haven't done it yet but Ive seen that it adds a little HP. And of course, straight pipe the car; the avenger sounds mean! If you're gonna straight pipe it, put the 12 inch long cherry-bomb glasspack where the resonator was. I can send you a video if youd like! For my preference, Ive always loved the dual exhaust, so when i went in to get my car staight piped, I had them weld on dual tips i got off of amazon. Heres what my 08 avenger R/T looks like
Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 9.59.09 PM.png

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Looks great, like the personal touches:cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Honestly, for me Ive just slowly been adding to the outside. New wheels, spoiler, decals etc. The only modification id do in the engine would be the air intake. I haven't done it yet but Ive seen that it adds a little HP. And of course, straight pipe the car; the avenger sounds mean! If you're gonna straight pipe it, put the 12 inch long cherry-bomb glasspack where the resonator was. I can send you a video if youd like! For my preference, Ive always loved the dual exhaust, so when i went in to get my car staight piped, I had them weld on dual tips i got off of amazon. Heres what my 08 avenger R/T looks like View attachment 19287 View attachment 19288
Oh wow! I'd love a video! The car looks great by the way. So much inspiration for me haha!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Beefing up brakes and suspension are usually recommended first steps on any performance upgrades.The consensus seems to be there are no real HP mods so I guess brakes and struts would be I

1 - 13 of 13 Posts