Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, guys,
I am Stefan from Bulgaria and obviously I am a newbie in the forum. I have Dodge Avenger 2008 CRD (European Edition, Diesel Engine). Can you help me find out something about the following questions:
1. I know that OEM wires fully all the cars (at least when coming to Avenger models). I want to find out how to put on some of the functions on my instrumental cluster. F.E. TPM and fuel consumption, etc. I think the car is pre-wired for that. I have put some extra speakers on the dash and they just started. I hope the same goes with the heating for the seats.
2. Do you know what software are they using for remap of the car. At some point I had Chrysler Sebring 2008 which is exact same car (they are literally twins). Someone was going inside the computer and remapped some functions. F.E. I had parade lights, which I would love to have again on my Dodge. Also I would like to explore what feature else can I put on. Since the Avenger is no longer in production, may be the software could be found. Somebody help?
3. I am trying to produce (since there is nowhere to porchase from) for my car a digital dash (digital instrumental cluster). Have somebody had experience in this direction. If so please advice how to install.
4. I want to change my steering wheel with newer version's (after 2011) one with controls. Had anyone tryed if this worked?
5. I also want to upgrade MyGig for rear camera and TV. I have read about these guys: coastaletech.com, but it seem their Lockpick does not support REZ (European) versions. Can somebody offer another option with same capability?
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
There's some advice for programmable features HERE. As for engine re-maps, there is additional power to be had but you need to find a local company that is familiar with our VW-sourced engines to carry out the work. That's all I got, sorry. I'm sure someone else will chime in soon. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts