Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I have been gone for a while. Life has hit me pretty hard this year so been dealing with it. Lost my job to out sourcing in Jan, the virus hit and closed all the businesses, found out I have a 24 year old daughter that I didnt know about, going to diving school for career change.
Someone emailed me a couple of months back asking about a turbo system and injectors and all that. Cant find that email sorry so i cant reply.
I will be heading to Key Largo on Tuesday for 7 weeks so I will be out of the picture for little while longer.

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
Well, The best and hopefully better luck to you, we will continue to "miss" you! At least you didn't say that the Avenger was history with you ;)

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Sorry I have been gone for a while. Life has hit me pretty hard this year so been dealing with it. Lost my job to out sourcing in Jan, the virus hit and closed all the businesses, found out I have a 24 year old daughter that I didnt know about, going to diving school for career change.
Someone emailed me a couple of months back asking about a turbo system and injectors and all that. Cant find that email sorry so i cant reply.
I will be heading to Key Largo on Tuesday for 7 weeks so I will be out of the picture for little while longer.
This whole Covid pandemic has hit so many people hard. We've managed to survive so far but work is scary quiet right now. Sorry to hear about your troubles but hopefully the career change will be just the thing for you. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors. Stay safe, especially in Florida!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, The best and hopefully better luck to you, we will continue to "miss" you! At least you didn't say that the Avenger was history with you ;)
I am excited and ready to get on the road. First real road trip on a long while. 1400 miles / 20 hours / 4 tanks of gas.
One thing is for sure. Gas milage will be a lot better when I get out Texas. I love the high speeds on the highways but it kills my mpg. When I was in FL last month I dont think I saw a speed limit more than 60. Should be getting close to 30 mpg instead of 25.

Reactions: 5rebel9

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This whole Covid pandemic has hit so many people hard. We've managed to survive so far but work is scary quiet right now. Sorry to hear about your troubles but hopefully the career change will be just the thing for you. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors. Stay safe, especially in Florida!
Thanks. I am trying to not let things get me down. I have to do something and make a change. Seems like the area around here just seems suck the life and goals out of everything.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am packing and am leaving tomorrow so i can take my time heading there. Any one know of any cool things to see along IH-10 from TX to FL?

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
There would have been some wonderful HISTORICAL MONUMENTS to see down that way.....about a month ago! Probably all defaced or taken down by now....
Have a SAFE and ENJOYABLE trip! :)

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
i am packing and am leaving tomorrow so i can take my time heading there. Any one know of any cool things to see along IH-10 from TX to FL?
Probably a lot to see around New Orleans. Safe travels!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah Thats where i am thinking about spending the night.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So i drove down there and back. 20 hours each way. if i set the cruise control at 70, I was getting 35 mpg. That was from near san antonio through houston into louisiana on mostly flat roads. 75 mph i was getting between 32 and 33 mpg. If I was doing 80 I was getting 30 mpg. Once i hit the hilly areas of mississippi, alabama and northern flordia i lost about 2 to 3 mpg.
This was going along IH-10 all the way to IH-75. Once i got the flat parts of flordia the mpg picked up again.
Anyways. the longest part was driving back. Drove 16 hours straight and stopped 3 times for gas. 30 dollars into the tank each time and back on the road. Not a single issue except being deaf from the constant drone. Need to rethink my exhaust. LOL
I wasnt expecting to get that good of gas milage but am glad i did.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Good to hear you're home safe. Did you change your mind about Florida, you're home early?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heres the story, first time down there about a month ago i got an ear infection and had kidney stones. So no diving for 5 days. Which would have been ok, because I could have taken some of the out of water classes that i signed up for. But they never had them scheduled so i never did them and came home and got the stones taken care of. So i go back this month and the ear thing starts up again. But i can equalize my ears so i can still dive. I did 24 dives in 6 days switching between regular air and nitrox. I finally stopped diving because i had enough dives to start the program. That night i get really dizzy and have tingling sensations in my chest and arms. This feeling lasts for a while and doesnt go away until after i lay down. So i crash out for the night. I felt better in the morning and started studying.Then that feeling comes back again. i go to the hospital and they put me in the decompression chamber. So no diving for 6 weeks. Nothing for me to do except come home. I am not going to be going back there because of what i saw and what happened.
But I did hear some things about different dive schools outside of the US so I am waiting on my passport and might split my schooling up. do part of it central america or thailand, or the phillipines, or honduras, plus it will give me a chance to get better and get in better shape.

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
Would be awfully hard to get your Avenger onboard the plane to such places as carry on bags.....LOL :)
So you came down with a slight case of the "bends"?....Man you're lucky to have pulled thru!
Be WELL and be SAFE my man! :)

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Heres the story, first time down there about a month ago i got an ear infection and had kidney stones. So no diving for 5 days. Which would have been ok, because I could have taken some of the out of water classes that i signed up for. But they never had them scheduled so i never did them and came home and got the stones taken care of. So i go back this month and the ear thing starts up again. But i can equalize my ears so i can still dive. I did 24 dives in 6 days switching between regular air and nitrox. I finally stopped diving because i had enough dives to start the program. That night i get really dizzy and have tingling sensations in my chest and arms. This feeling lasts for a while and doesnt go away until after i lay down. So i crash out for the night. I felt better in the morning and started studying.Then that feeling comes back again. i go to the hospital and they put me in the decompression chamber. So no diving for 6 weeks. Nothing for me to do except come home. I am not going to be going back there because of what i saw and what happened.
But I did hear some things about different dive schools outside of the US so I am waiting on my passport and might split my schooling up. do part of it central america or thailand, or the phillipines, or honduras, plus it will give me a chance to get better and get in better shape.
Wow, quite the adventure. Life does throw us some curves sometimes. May it all work out the way you hope. All the best!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah it will all work out. I am still going to do the diving thing. Proud of the car as well.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So i am going to Roatan on Oct 9th for at least 6 weeks. After that i dont know where I will end up. May end up selling the car. Just depends on where I get a job and for how long.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Looks like a beautiful place. Safe travels!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts