Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I tend to be pretty impulsive and actually got iridium plugs the other day...but Champion not the NGK.
Probably won't get them installed until mid week.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I replaced my plugs a year or two ago....
I wanted to get the NGK Iridium IX plug like I use in every vehicle I have ever owned to find out that my 3.6 came with those plugs from the factory. So I basically did a plug swap with the factory plugs.....

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I replaced my plugs a year or two ago....
I wanted to get the NGK Iridium IX plug like I use in every vehicle I have ever owned to find out that my 3.6 came with those plugs from the factory. So I basically did a plug swap with the factory plugs.....

*laffs* Yep.. discovered that myself.. like I said.. I'm impulsive. Ive got 72k on the car so I may just go ahead and swap them out anyway.

·
Registered
585 Posts
*laffs* Yep.. discovered that myself.. like I said.. I'm impulsive. Ive got 72k on the car so I may just go ahead and swap them out anyway.
Can't hurt to change them out. I never like to exceed the manf. time recommendations.

·
Premium Member
6,938 Posts
Just be patient and careful, There's a lot of PLASTIC where you'll be working and it does break easier than "old school" metal parts !;)

·
Premium Member
6,938 Posts
I know there are a couple of threads on a couple different pages (with PIC's) on changing the plugs for the 3.6...do a site search for them if you need more help on the subject.:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you’re looking to DIY it, here’s a video I found. I’m about to hit 72k and I’m trying to decide if I wanna tackle it myself or have a shop do it. Best of luck! If anyone changes them themselves, let me know if there’s anything I should watch for! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
It is actually a pretty easy job for anyone who is mechanically inclined. Take your time and also have the intake gasket replacement set on hand. These are a recommended one time use item and are cheap at the dealer.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Any new suggestions for plugs on out 3.6l cars? Planning on a weekend roadtrip in mid September so I need to get the tune up parts on hand so we have them once the weather breaks and winter is pretty well gone. I have the RPM Intake Tube, need to get plugs, want to get the MSD Coils and P.U.G. lower intake so we can do that all at once.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
laffs Yep.. discovered that myself.. like I said.. I'm impulsive. Ive got 72k on the car so I may just go ahead and swap them out anyway.
Had them swapped for the proper plugs for my wife's 2010 Sebring not long after these posts.
Finally got the NGK Iridiums put [email protected] 92k for$140 labor I supplied plugs and gasket. Cheapest labor only quote I previously got was 175..highest 300.
The improvement in smoothness of acceleration performance and fuel economy were noticeable

1 - 19 of 19 Posts