Spark plugs and Ignition Coils 3.6L 2011

Discussion in 'Dodge Avenger Mechanical Problems and Questions' started by DNK2526, May 18, 2017.

1. DNK2526

DNK2526 New Member

Hey,

I’ve been considering changing my plugs, I know this can be a real PITA so I’ve gone to a few shops and the cheapest I can get them done is around $450. Yeah, that's not happening. I have all the tools to do it myself and the time so why not.

Found this site that seems it gives good details on how to do it,

https://www.youcanic.com/dodge/2011-14-dodge-avenger-spark-plug-replacement-36l-v6

Going to go with these plugs

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003B3ECB...TF8&colid=31JDKSZJLXRF2&coliid=I2I3TQ55N9TPRF

My questions is should I go ahead and change the Ignition coils too?

2. 5rebel9

5rebel9 Active Member Site Supporter Level 1 Military

Media:
    Albums:
    If you have the money, go for it since you have it apart, as the work again to effect a repair would be a real bummer! How many miles do you have on your ride?

3. DNK2526

DNK2526 New Member

Yeah, I found a pack of 6 for $120. Was just wondering how important it is to do it but light you said since ill have it apart might as well. I just hit 76k, since its finally starting to get nice here was going to do them in the next month.

4. 5rebel9

5rebel9 Active Member Site Supporter Level 1 Military

Media:
    Albums:
    Well if you are game to do it a little early, go for it. But I was under the impression you had a few more miles on it than that, usually good to 100k for plugs.

5. DNK2526

DNK2526 New Member

Yeah service manual says 96k. I remember seeing on these forums way back about people pulling some pretty bad looking plugs and only being around 80k. I just made a mental note on doing it earlier. Ill probably be closer to 80k by the time I do it and im curious to see the shape they will be in.

6. MaverickAngel

MaverickAngel Avengers Unite! Site Supporter Level 1

Media:
    Albums:
    Sorry to bring back this thread but I just had the plugs and wires done (dealership, I have no garage yet) on my 2011 3.6L a couple of weeks back and was wondering how your change went. I'm waiting on ignition coils to be done now since they were faulty and managed to kill three of my newly replaced plugs.