Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading in the monthly Mopar magazine around May and there was the first release on the idea of a SRT-6 Avenger. I recently saw that Dodge took a reworked Avenger to SEMA housing a 4.0L V6, which was one of the powertrain ideas mentioned in the article. So my question is what do you think is the SRT-6 actually being born I'm attaching the website from the shop created this Avenger.

http://www.zercustoms.com/news/Dodge-Avenger-Stormtrooper.html

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm pretty sure the SRT boys will get a hold of the Avenger and let loose. If not a hopped NA motor it will be forced induction and quite nasty. Unfortunately if it's the SRT it wont be offered with the lifetime warranty which in all honesty is pretty appealing as a consumer. But it shure would be hella fun to drive. :D

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I came across that link the other day in searching for performance upgrades. This is interesting… I’m interested to knowing the same answer, when is the SRT-6 coming? I read that the SRT-4 Caliber was at 300 hp… SRT-6 Avenger?
The Caliber SRT4 when it finally was release; the engine was rated at 285 hp. I think the 300 hp resulted in so much torque steering it had be detune. I can already see it where some waterhead would floor it and loose control and then try to sue Dodge for selling a vehicle that was not safe.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Glad I searched, I was about to post links to the Sema Stormtrooper model myself hehe.

I would likely be bummed I didn't get a SRT-6 model if they make one, but i needed a car, so I had to get mine when I did.

What I'm actually a little more let down about is that I heard rumors of a MDS style system for 2009 models of the avenger/sebring. This would work like the v8 chargers/magnums do now where it would either auto select less cylinders while say cruising on the hwy for more gas mileage or that maybe you could select them yourself..I don't recall now.

I'd love to have the ability to keep performance but also select 4 or 3 cylinders for economy when its needed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I too wish I knew about an SRT-6 first, but I got my car in early March and it was the 3rd one the dealership had. Oh well, maybe I'll just make a jump for it if/when it comes out.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The Caliber SRT4 when it finally was release; the engine was rated at 285 hp. I think the 300 hp resulted in so much torque steering it had be detune. I can already see it where some waterhead would floor it and loose control and then try to sue Dodge for selling a vehicle that was not safe.
Yeah, Zonestar made confirmed that what I READ was wrong and made the correction.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Any numbers on the SRT6 yet??? What would win the SRT4 or SRT6?? or for that matter the SRT6 or SRT8??? I know the SRT6 Crossfires were very fast.:smileup:

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
It would be the same setup as the SRT-6 Crossfire in HP and TQ. Seeing how the motor used in it has already been tested and proven to be very close to bullet proof. It would be cost savings for Chrysler to go this way, just because they would not have to R&D the motor and tranmission. R&D is were the real heavy expense is. Dave Lauzun who is the manager of R&D for Dodge has stated that the SRT guys are talking about the Avenger as a possible SRT-6.

·
Registered
412 Posts
If they build it I will buy it. I like the looks and the power plant is going to be alot of fun. Just wish they would do it in a rear wheel drive.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts